Best Song Awards in MST Episode

What song do you actually like the best from these musical numbers in MST movies?

• “Yipes, Stripes” from Teenage Strangler
  • “Vicki” from Eegah
  • “Rock, Candy Baby, You’re Mine!” from Daddy-O
  • “Engines Roar” from Pod People
  • “Are You Happy In Your Work” from I Accuse My Parents
  • “Sideburns” from The Beatniks
  • “And the Lord Said Laugh” from Giant Gila Monster
  • “Kiss Kicker 99” from Hobgoblins
  • “My My My My Mitchell” from Mitchell
  • “California Lady” from Track of the Moon Beast
  • “Lonesome Man” from The Girl in Gold Boots
  • “Oo Ba La Baby” from Untamed Youth
  • “Night Train to Mundo Fine” from Red Zone Cuba

0 voters

3 Likes

No “California Lady”, no peace!

2 Likes

I guess I’m a John Williams fan

:notes: Hike! Hike! Hike up your pants now :notes:

4 Likes

I picked “Rock Candy Baby”. I’m also partial to “Are You Happy in Your Work”, but “the kissway to the promised land” is one of the most tortured lyrics I’ve ever heard.

4 Likes

No love for the only genuine talent in Catalina Caper?

Little Richard GIF

7 Likes

Tommy Kirk?

2 Likes

I imagine that particularly good numbers are being left off deliberately. The Platters aren’t on there either.

10 Likes

No “Moon Zero Two” theme? Because it’s all kinds of awesome. Okay fine, Mitchell it is then.

6 Likes

Almost went with “Are You Happy in Your Work?” but then I remembered that Night Train to Mundo Fine actually kinda slaps.

3 Likes

I thought these were for songs the host and the bots did. I was sad to not see “He tried to kill me with a forklift” on the list.

2 Likes

The ultimate paradox of human nature: I voted for that song even though I’ve never been work-happy a day in my life. :thinking:

5 Likes

Perhaps your problem is that you didn’t never ever shirk.

3 Likes

That’s too many negatives for one sentence. Go stand in the corner, and put this pig-in-a-blanket on your head, too.

3 Likes

So you’re the le chèque chapeau!

3 Likes

Yeah, and quit putting moths and washers in the tips dish. That’s only funny if you’re a Muppet.

3 Likes

Muppet Shrinking GIF

5 Likes

I forgot about “At the Party”, to be honest, and now the poll is too old so its too late to add it! Sorry, but I’d say the song genuinely counts as a musical number in the movie and so it should have made the cut.

“Moon Zero Two’s” title song doesn’t count because this was all about musical numbers / songs sung in the movie itself rather than music played during the credits or that were part of the score.

2 Likes

The omission from the ballot of one of my favorite songs has got my schick out of shape.

As a protest, I submit the following as a write-in vote –

Go ahead – just try not to sing along!

4 Likes

I just want to post this again! :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m torn.

On one hand, “Are You Happy in Your Work?” is SUCH A GOOD SONG. You get the feeling that if had been placed in a better movie that had a greater reception, it might have been a contender for the Best Original Song Academy Award.

On the other hand, “Rock Candy Baby, You’re Mine!” contains so much pure fun and is part of one of my favorite five-minute stretches in MSTory.

It tore me apart to make this choice, but I went with “Rock Candy Baby” from Daddy-O.

5 Likes