Best Streaming Services to Find Cheesy Movies

I see you are a man of culture!

2 Likes

I was theologically obliged – I am an ordained SubGenius minister.

Rats. I just looked and we don’t have a Bob smilie.

2 Likes

Eternal salvation or triple your money back.

Puttin’ the “cult” into “culture”!

2 Likes

There’s a really good streaming service with apps for all sorts of ways to watch called MST3K

2 Likes

Check out ThisTV 24/7 cheese. Bonus: it’s free OTA broadcast.

2 Likes

I can’t believe nobody’s brought this up yet…

I have six letters for you:

FILMON

Over 600 Live themes channels (such as “Chillings”, “Alien (invasions)”, “UFO News”, “Creepy Crawlies” and more) classified in over 90 categories…

Video On Demand with over 45,000 movies and TV shows…

And much of it looks like it’s right up a MSTie’s alley:

Most of it free and ad supported.

3 Likes

letterboxd.com works well for me as a “front-end” for Justwatch. You add moves you want to watch to a watchlist, and letterboxd will will pull data from justwatch and tell you which sites and streaming services have the movies available.

2 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

A lot of the other digital subchannels like that one are similar - Comet (sci-fi) and Charge (action) have both run “quality” movies like ROTOR and The Land/People That Time Forgot.

And sometimes they accidentally show good stuff, too; Comet doing an all-day Godzilla marathon during the pandemic was one of my best days working from home.

But, yeah, between those digital channels and ad-supported streaming you can find a LOT to watch for free these days, and it’s not just garbage and castoffs. Pluto, Roku, Tubi, the newly renamed Amazon FreeVee (former IMDb TV)…

3 Likes

Disney+ actually has a lot of the cheesy “What Would Walt Have Done?” live action movies from the late 60s and 70s which I find are great for riffing. They usually involve a talking animal or inanimate object, or Don Knotts, or both!

4 Likes

Parodied in the movie ‘Matinee’ - The Shookup Shopping Cart!

4 Likes

Tubi doesn’t work in the UK, which sucks.

I’m lumbered with Prime as Netflix was always more series focused and I don’t watch TV shows in general (MST3K aside).

3 Likes