Betty White

21 Likes

Just saw the news. What a remarkable woman. :disappointed:

9 Likes

What can you say? She made everyone’s lives happier. We’ve all lost our grandma.

12 Likes

I was really looking forward to her 100th birthday streaming event.

Quite a sad coincidence that 2021 saw four cast members from Mary Tyler Moore pass away: Gavin MacLeod, Ed Asner, Cloris Leachman and now Betty White.

10 Likes

Oh, you’re right :disappointed_relieved: I forgot they also died in 2021. It’s been a long year….

6 Likes

I wonder if the Decade channel will have a Golden Girls binge weekend?

3 Likes

I watch the Mary Tyler Moore show just about every night streaming while making dinner, really sad that there’s no one left of the major cast. Up until 3 years ago most were still around.

3 Likes
10 Likes

The big outlier is Ted Knight, who died in 1986.

2 Likes

This was the most 2021 thing that 2021 could do.

I hope it’s an eleventh hour :fu: from this year and not an omen for next year.

9 Likes

I’ve been going around various places I have an account and spreading the word of her earlier sitcom Life With Elizabeth, which is strange and a lot of fun. It had this gimmick where she could hear the narrator and communicate with him in odd moments. Here’s the first episode, the rest can be found on Youtube.

6 Likes

People Weekly went full Dewey Defeats Truman. RIP

My mom isn’t even a fan of gory horror and she loves Lake Placid.

7 Likes

This one’s tough. Loved Betty White. Golden Girls was the stuff.

If anyone deserved to have a ridiculously heartwarming 100th birthday celebration, it’s her. If there’s some solace to be found, it’s that she knew very well that she was so widely loved and appreciated while she was here. May she rest in peace.

8 Likes

While it would have been wonderful to see her hit 100, she lived one hell of a life and plenty to celebrate even without that.

Thank you Betty. You always were, and will always be a treasure.

6 Likes

She was the original freakin’ delightful!

3 Likes

She was like a sniper with comedy- you never saw the risque joke coming even though you knew you should😅 That superbowl Snickers ad was perfect.

3 Likes

I loved this:

6 Likes

She was 99 years old, and people say she died too young.

That’s not a sad ending, that’s a glorious thing.

What a legacy.

9 Likes

I like to think that she has ascended and attained a place next to David Bowie and Carl Sagan. Their travels and adventures must be amazing.

2 Likes

Betty White was terrific. I’m still upset about it – Dec. 31st, seriously? Just a few weeks shy of her birthday. 2021 was like the person who just has to get the last word, then slaps us and walks away when that’s no longer enough.

2 Likes