Big Citrus

No one found it odd that the Batwoman ordered a lemonade, just like Santo did in the treasure of Dracula? What’s the connection?!

5 Likes

Maybe it was a culture thing at the time in Mexico? Either that or a dub out for something harder?

I was surprised to hear Orangeade mentioned though. Only ever saw that in a vending machine at a train station when I lived in New Jersey.

4 Likes

Might be a substitute for a local brand that they assumed English speakers wouldn’t know of…?

My first thought was Mirinda, but that’s actually from Spain and not Mexico.

1 Like

Big citrus has conspired to replace frozen concentrated juices with plastic bottles with big dumb fisher price caps that can be opened before you’re awake.

Dangit I like frozen concentrates, I can mix them the way I like them, and they’re handy for icing injuries too.

I remember seeing lime ade in the frozen concentrate section., but I’ve never seen it in a bottle.

2 Likes

Most people are probably thinking Grapefruit, but Grapefruit is a patsy. It’s Pomelo sitting in the shadows, pulling the strings. The Real Big Citrus.

BRB I’m off to write this screenplay: There Will Be Blood Orange

2 Likes

More Big Citrus.

1 Like

Big weird citrus.

2 Likes

We don’t talk about Uncle Fingers

3 Likes

If you want to talk about big citrus, you have to talk about the pomelo.

2 Likes

I can’t find frozen limeade anymore either. This is pretty good.

1 Like

Nah if Big Citrus was going to take over they would have sent …
CAPTAIN CITRUS!!!

Yes it was real, and technically he’s an Avenger.

1 Like

That looks like something Disney would make up for California Adventure.

He looks so ready to scold a bunch of tired, sunburnt pickers who have the nerve to demand a cold drink and a 15-minute break. [salutes]

Let’s not pretend that lemonade isn’t a pretty ubiquitous drink. There’s a reason why little kids have lemonade stands, ya know.

1 Like

When life gave Joel lemons (la la la), he made four robots. Smart folk think outside the box.

1 Like

No, it was a real Marvel creation (granted I think in conjunction with the Florida Citrus Council.)

No this is what Disney came up with:

Could be a subtle homage to el Santo, or my guess after watching is that this script was actually written for el Santo.

Then when it turned out he wasn’t available that week because he was already scheduled to film 3 other movies, they brainstormed and came up with “what if Santo, but instead a lady in a Batwoman bikini?”.

And someone said, “yes, YEEESSS, thats it… BRILLANTE!