Bill Rebane Exhibit!

Maybe we should plan a group pilgrimage at some point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, everyone meet there next Tuesday!

I’m dead (Undead?) serious about going tomorrow. :grin: It’s only 75 minutes away.

2 Likes

Nice to see The Dead Talk Back

1 Like

@SquareMaster and I just visited the exhibit in style.

FYI - there was a piece of garden hose in the spider for squirting out the blood/venom/icky stuff.

Surprisingly, few of the others viewing the exhibit had heard of MST3K and none of them had seen this episode. :hushed:

12 Likes

Did it explain why those people were in there in those positions?

Here’s the text on the 5th picture that explains it:

6 Likes

How did they know the stolen spider was sold for scrap?

2 Likes

Good question! The exhibit didn’t explain that.

3 Likes

I think there’s an extra word there.

…okay, two extra words, since it says “out out”, which I assume is just a typo. What I mean is this should surely say “one of the directors to ever come out of North Central Wisconsin”. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Maybe they liked his countenance.

1 Like

Unless he came out… is Bill LGBT+?

Also not alluded to in the exhibit. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Based on commentary from a friend whose niece married his grandson, he most likely is not.

2 Likes

Actual riff, except for the typo.

I grew up in Northern Wisconsin and stopped by the exhibit yesterday on the way back from a date with my family. No one else was there at the time, so Brandon gave me a tour; he’s working on a book about Rebane and has interviewed a ton of former collaborators and crew members. He has a ton of great stories.

Definitely also pick up the exhibit’s art book; the Giant Spider Invasion manga alone is worth the $20. And for those who are looking to visit all of the filming locations, Nicolet College in Rhinelander was also used for some exteriors.

6 Likes

I’m honestly surprised Hollywood hasn’t made a Hodag movie. Where you can only see the monster if you’re drunk.

2 Likes

They’ll get to it right after the jackalope movie.

Well, Rhinelander did just win Best High School Mascot in some online contest a couple weeks ago, so maybe the increased attention will lead to a Hodag movie.

1 Like