Blobfest 2024!

Hey all, tickets are live for this year’s Blobfest in Phoenixville, PA. This theater has been very friendly to the MST 3K family over the years!

If you went last year, you know that in tandem with Blobfest, there was a one day “MST3Kon”. Unfortunately, at least from what I see, it doesn’t look like they’re doing that again this year, but it’s still a good time if you never been to Blobfest!

Maybe I’ll see some of y’all there. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What is the parking like during Blobfest? I’m about an hour south of Phoenixville but have never been up there.

1 Like

So my experience has always been you’ll park a few blocks away from the main street where the theatre is, restaurants, and festival.

I’ve never had a huge problem but I’ve always tried to get there early too.

1 Like

Got our Friday night VIP floor show & run-out tix. Hoping for a late MST3kon^2 announcement. Otherwise, hope to have an opportunity to say hi to Joel again as he’s a blobfest regular.

3 Likes

I think Matt McGinnis might be local as well? I ran into him at a coffee shop last year and he was part of the Blobfest goings-on!

3 Likes

New information!!! Joel Hodgson and Emily Marsh will be there with Matt on Sun, July 14 at 4pm to live-riff ‘Beware the BLOB!’ Who’s going??

7 Likes

Well, I’m certainly interested. Would Love to know if there’s going to be any kind of meet and greet

4 Likes

Beware! The Blob (that is how it is punctuated) is my favorite bad movie.

3 Likes

Surfacing to say “I’m in!”. I love that my backyard is basically the epicenter of the MST event world.

6 Likes

Good time to live in Pennsylvania, am I right?! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want to; oh how I want to.

But the timing will be suspect and is entirely, at the moment at least, dependent on whether or not I need surgery on my hip owing to the tear in my labrum. If I do need surgery, I’ll likely still be on recovery when Blobfest is going on and won’t be able to get around easily (I’ll likely be on crutches), so a bad movie festival, however tempting, is probably not the best idea. :frowning:

But I’ll know more next week and can make a definitive call then.

3 Likes

Beyond the Beware! the Blob thing, I do hope for the best for you and for a speedy recovery no matter what course of action you take!

1 Like

I’m going to repost part of the post I made about Beware! The Blob on Lemmy last year:

Where to even begin with this movie? It’s a horror movie that begins with a cute kitten, followed by a guy going ‘fishing’ in a tent in his house. It’s a sequel that has the original movie on a TV at one point despite clearly being a continuation. It’s got a crazy 70s party that gets crazier and crazier. It was directed by Larry “J.R. Ewing” Hagman. Shelley Berman is in it in an out-of-place comedy sketch. Burgess Meredith is in it uncredited as a hobo.

Also, just a bit of trivia: Randy Stonehill has a small role as a drugged-out hippie. He went on to be one of the founders of contemporary Christian music. And Cindy “Shirley” Williams plays his girlfriend.

You need to watch this movie. You will never be the same again.

You can watch it on YouTube incidentally.

My daughter saw it a good two years ago and still talks about how it starts with a kitten and cute kitten music.

2 Likes

If I remember it in a month maybe this will be the year I finally make it up there. I always seem to forget when it is until a few weeks after.

Tickets procured!

2 Likes

Ok, well one of you has to secretly sneak in an audio recorder so I can sync it up with the movie since I can’t make it.

Nobody tell on them.

Edit: And/or force the three of them into a recording studio at gunpoint and make them do it again. I’ll go for that as well.

2 Likes

Ugh…we are too over scheduled this summer to add in Blobfest this year. But we did want to go back. Phoenixville is a fun little town with lots of neat shopping and GREAT restaurants!!

(this is from a non-shopping-type girl…I have, about 6 pairs of shoes and no jewelry and get my jeans at the thrift store)

2 Likes

New info for Blobfest 2024! Joel and Emily will be live-riffing ‘Beware! The Blob’ on Sunday, Jul 14 @ 4pm along with Matt. Cheers!

13 Likes

Well damn, if this summer wasn’t already over-booked…I would be there. GRRRR!

2 Likes

I cant find any info on this