Blobfest 2024!

If I could get that time off from work I’d love that plan

2 Likes

It could totally work with a private Concorde.

Or a carriage pulled by four clones of Chuck Jones’ Roadrunner.

2 Likes

I just started watching it and was like “this music sounds familiar.” Aha! It’s Mort Garson!

3 Likes

Interesting. I wasn’t familiar with his name, although obviously I’ve heard a lot of his music.

I do like what Perrey and Kinglsey were doing around the same time, so I’ll check him out.

He wrote an album of music for plants.

Okay then.

2 Likes

I think the only local (that I know of) is currently living with the parental units. You could hit up Joel or Matt, they are local! :woman_shrugging: :rofl:

2 Likes

I wish to re-iterate my demand that someone bring an audio recorder with them so I can sync it to the movie.

1 Like

Finally! I’d get to meet Fruit Rooster in person!! :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m going! Making the trip from Pittsburgh!

6 Likes

Looks like we’re hitting Philly Saturday morning, so no Dance Party USA for us Friday night. I’d like to know whether there is too little theremin or just the right amount of theremin at the Blob Ball.

Also, there’s this to share, which I haven’t seen here:

(h/t Matt McGinnis)

9 Likes

I’ll decide last minute if I’m going, hopefully if I do decide to go there will be tickets still available, at least this thread had been reminding me of the date. Looking at parking options, seems like Phoenixville uses some app to pay for parking in most of the lots in town, and Sunday being free is no longer a thing? I haven’t been somewhere I’ve had to use metered parking in decades, seems the prices have gotten too high to just put in a bunch of quarters.

4 Likes

Parking is my biggest worry. I think I have the app set up, but no way to test it, of course.

Well, the heat on Sunday is a bit of a concern. Rain does’t worry me much, but a sunny hot day is rough on an old fat guy.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.132857&lon=-75.515819

2 Likes

Be forewarned, if you stay at the Mainstay, and you park there, your car will be trapped for the duration. It wasn’t a problem for us last year…we weren’t going anywhere. We hit up the grocery prior to the streets closing, and just walked around town. We were just happy to have the free parking included with the room!

There’s tons of great shops and amazing places to eat just along Bridge Street!

(there was a very angry patron at the Mainstay when we were there that was having a 'pasode about not being able to get out…yelling at the VERY NICE staff there. They said that she could take it up with the city…lol)

HAVE FUN!

5 Likes

Hopefully all the streets will be open by 3pm Sunday, I would just be driving up for the 4pm show if I go (about a 45 minute drive). Not sure how many people would be crazy enough to do any of the races Sunday morning, even early in the morning the heat index is going to be crazy.

3 Likes

In reality, I think there’s only two or three blocks of one street blocked off at most.

Well that all depends on how far the Blob extends each year.

4 Likes

I really don’t think The Five Blobs are being discussed enough in this thread.

Now I know it’s a cliche, but my favorite Five Blobs song would definitely be The Blob.

4 Likes

The B side is My Blob Blobs for You, Blobby Sue.

3 Likes

The Blob is going to get wet

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.1329&lon=-75.5158

4 Likes

Anyone in town?

4 Likes

Guess not. Doesn’t matter, really - my phone died, and I couldn’t have answered.

And if you’re there tomorrow, maybe bring an umbrella - hot and sticky

Edit to add (because you aren’t allowed 3 consecutive posts -

It’s hot

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=PAZ101&warncounty=PAC029&firewxzone=PAZ101&local_place1=Phoenixville%20PA&product1=Heat+Advisory&lat=40.1329&lon=-75.5158

WHAT…For the Heat Advisory, heat index values ranging from 98 to
103 degrees expected. For the Excessive Heat Watch, dangerously
hot conditions with heat index values ranging from 102 to 107
degrees possible.

24 oz Coke, 16 oz plus ice water, 2 beers (probably 24 oz) and I’ve not pee’d yet.

Do not order Irish nachos.

But I have merch

I didn’t see the live show, so I’m looking forward to this.

I need a shower and a lie down.

7 Likes