Brief, Interesting Facts...About You!

I have an atom somewhere in my body that was once part of Humphrey Bogart’s body and can briefly be seen onscreen in The Maltese Falcon.

6 Likes

I have been to all 50 US states.

Some of them more than once :smiley:

12 Likes

Nice, I just hit 48 states on my most recent road trip (only missing Alaska and Hawaii).

6 Likes

About 40 years ago, I was in an episode of Sesame Street, but I have never seen the episode.

10 Likes

@biff_pow

Wait, no, full stop. I need to hear this story.

7 Likes

I had a marriage proposal from Bruce Campbell.

14 Likes

Always loved puppetry. As a kid my puppets were featured on a local TV show.

11 Likes

I operate a tribute site to the actor Frank Nelson (franknelson.net) that contains images of some memorabilia he collected and a brief summary of his career that he wrote himself.
Frank Nelson was a regular on the Jack Benny show and would always annoy and insult Benny. When you hear someone on MST3K or The Simpsons say “eeeyyeeessss?” that’s an impression of him.

I also operate a YouTube channel that curates a lot of old radio comedies under the channel name FrankNelsonNet.

9 Likes

If you’re not married to Bruce Campbell now I’m gonna wonder what’s wrong with you! :wink:

9 Likes

Nice! I’m a huge Jack Benny fan. So funny that with his “cheap” stereotype, he kept a ton of actors employed thru the great depression. Violinist extraordinaire!

9 Likes

I got a death threat from Donald G. Jackson of Rollergator fame over a review of one of his movies that I wrote.

10 Likes

No way!

But, interesting factoid: I do know what it is to sh*t wrong. I keep Ex-Lax in steady supply.

Along with Pepto-Bismol, for when I want to drink a “Cape Fear.” That is, Joe Don Baker’s own recipe: bottom shelf whiskey and Pepto over ice.

6 Likes

Oh, I love OTR. I go to sleep listening to OTR comedies, Burns & Allen; Fibber McGee and Molly, etc.

Used to be Gunsmoke, but that’s too dark for the current rotten times. I need more sweetness and light right now.

I’ll check out your channel, for sure!

5 Likes

great facts everybody! look how much we’re learning about each other! expression of interpersonal warmth!

i invoke a writ of Always Leave 'Em Wanting More, presented with jazz hands

5 Likes

Where’s the ink to your channel?!

5 Likes

I didn’t think it would be ok to link to it. It’s Flying Squid Studios. The show was called The Skeletor Show although I’ve done other things.

6 Likes

@biff_pow

That’s fair.

As a former professional Spider-Man, I have to say that the best thing I ever got out of it was a head injury, so good on your Spidey for doing better.

6 Likes

I have a cervical rib. This means I have one extra rib that ends in my neck. I use it to talk about genetic mutations in my science class. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

the kids you worked around weren’t big enough weenies! you’d have had LOTS of opportunities to rescue me.

and i’m going to imagine your mishap was something like this

2 Likes

Well, I’d tell you what happened, but a wise man once told me it was important to leave ‘em wanting more. Jazz Hands

5 Likes