Buddy, can you spare a loonie?

Patton replied to the tweet below with the predictable “John Candy.”

The responses are disappointing. We know there is just ONE appropriate answer:

5 Likes

Not Guy Lafleur? :ice_hockey: Or Barbara Ann Scott? :ice_skate:

3 Likes

Gordon Lightfoot?

3 Likes

I have a few Canadian “celebrities” I could probably name off that’d be deserving of the title. Although for all I know, they’re gonna put the role of Queen in the classified listings.

And then President Max is gonna sell the US for a hundred trillion dollars, to get an earthquake machine.

3 Likes

Emily Carr would be my pick. But of course I’m an art-fart, big-time. :smile:

3 Likes

Oh, tough call. I mean, which Mike Myers character would you go with?

3 Likes

I would also nominate Catherine O’Hara, or Lester B. Pearson, Terry Fox wasn’t half bad, either.
If we could open it up to non-Canadians, though, of course we’d have to go with White Dot, there could be no other. :white_circle:
Apparently they will be going with the new King; he’ll be more flattering in profile, anyway. Fun fact: he’ll be facing the opposite way as his mum, as the direction changes with each new monarch.

3 Likes

The correct answer is Scott Thompson

Fw4k98m

That way we won’t have to change much

5 Likes

Eugene Levy. He has a face for currency

4 Likes

Buddy Cole

2 Likes

Eugene is great, but I think this Guy would be perfect for currency:

3 Likes

I think it’s about time for some recognition of Canada’s Finest-

3 Likes

One on each side, eh?

6 Likes

The main image would be John Mikl Thor’s face. The watermark would be John Mikl Thor’s nipples.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, music fans duke it out between Oscar Peterson, Joni Mitchell, and Rush.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Gino Vannelli, for a riff favourite!
And where was my mind last night? Overlooking the venerable Graham Greene, one of our best and most under-appreciated actors, and featured in Experiment 1202: Atlantic Rim!

5 Likes

Oh now *he has a face that would look good on a purple waterproof plastic bill lol

3 Likes

Indeed he does! Although it’s a personal opinion, I think his face would look good anywhere, as a silver fox, or as Mr. Crabbytree:

2 Likes

You got change for a hoser, eh?

1 Like

Take off, eh?!

1 Like