Burning Questions! Ask 'em here! Answer 'em here!

I have to unsolder it?? Damn! :laughing:

2 Likes

And solder in the new one, yah.

Oh, and find the new one. This looks sorta like it -

My sister’s granddaughter might join the Navy next year. If so, I might come up for graduation, and I can bring my tool box.

3 Likes

I mean, I have a soldering gun… but day-um! If I am not successful, I will take you up on that!

4 Likes

Soldering gun is too big, I’d suggest 60 or 80 Watt max.

3 Likes

Oops, hubs said mine is a soldering iron. In the form of a multi-tool, wood burning, foam hot knife, soldering iron, embossing, etc. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Sorry, this is the only social media I do and I didn’t see a better place to post this…

Had lunch with a buddy today and he said his wife had to take some kind of engineering certification test and everyone was required to remove their rings during the test. My Google-Fu is failing me… can anyone think of a reason why rings would be a problem during a test?

To be clear, it’s just a normal kind of wedding band ring

3 Likes

I’m guessing a technology thing. Even if the ring looks real, it could be some sort of electronic device ?

3 Likes

Smart rings exist just like smart watches. The rings usually don’t have a visible interface, but they often have a tactile one.

4 Likes

Wow! I’m just trying to think of how it could possibly convey relevant information??

“Knock three times on the window if you wa-ant me. Twice on the pipe if the answer is no”

I would take off any jewelry if I could stop having to take my shoes off at the airport. Not sure why that annoys me so much

5 Likes

While you probably couldn’t use a smart ring for data query and retrieval easily, you could pair it with a friend’s smartphone app and have said friend send prompts using the haptic responses.

3 Likes

Theoretically, jewelry could hide some sort of recording device. This would be the scenario where you take a test but the real reason is to record the questions so the company you work for can charge other people for the questions and answers.

4 Likes

I’d be in trouble. I’m not sure I can get my wedding ring off.

4 Likes

It’s awkward to do even when you’re not burdened with tons of stuff to carry.

I always feel safer after sharing my foot odor and mismatched socks with a crowd of strangers.

4 Likes

It’s not a tumor.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

3 Likes