Burning Questions! Ask 'em here! Answer 'em here!

I hear they’re planning to sell them at the Gizmoplex concession stand.

4 Likes

Trilling is musical term .

Think the psycho music done by Alvin and the chipmunks

4 Likes

If he was named Bob, the song wouldn’t flow as well as it does lol

2 Likes

From the wiki

K01 - 512 performed by Joel Hodgson
513 - 707 performed by Michael J. Nelson with interjections by Jim Mallon, Kevin Murphy and Trace Beaulieu
801 - 1013 performed by Michael J. Nelson and Mary Jo Pehl with interjections by Jim Mallon, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett
1101 - 1206 performed by Har Mar Superstar and Felicia Day
1301 - 1313 performed by Baron Vaughn (Jonah episodes)/Conor McGiffin (Emily episodes) and Felicia Day

6 Likes

I know what trilling is. What I don’t know is why they talk about Kelvin and Lionel whenever they mention trilling.

3 Likes

I didn’t even notice Conor was doing Emily’s episodes. I just sort of assumed it was Baron every time!

2 Likes

I only noticed that recently and found it kinda heartwarming that they kept Joel’s vocals.

3 Likes

I could be wrong, but it feels like a riff on their names.

5 Likes

Ah , apologies lol. Only link I can find is Lionel trilling as a literary critic. May be just a play on words? I was rather happy with myself for the previous explanation and all tho hahaha

Edit as it was answered better by the previous post

3 Likes

Thanks! I had found Lionel Trilling, but I couldn’t figure out the Kelvin so I wasn’t sure if I was right about it. Calvin Trillin makes total sense!

Talk about a high-brow riff.

2 Likes

No worries. I should have been clearer.

1 Like

The Dungeonmaster (1984), which Adam Savage credits as the source for his arguably more famous rendition of the quote.

5 Likes

Okay, now I have another deep burning question.

Why has this movie never been riffed???

2 Likes

You can’t riff a movie with Richard Moll. The power of the Bull is too great.

6 Likes

I dunno. Rifftrax managed The Sword and the Sorcerer.

3 Likes

Night Court GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

So I’ve got one from Demon Squad that I hope will be answered with upcoming episodes: What the heck is Joel doing back on the SoL in the future?? Could he just not cut it on earth anymore? :thinking:

3 Likes

And who else is from the future? Dr. Kabahl, the strange financier from the, uh, future!

Coincidence?! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

He was opening up a new branch of the hot fish shop franchise.

3 Likes

mst3kjonahintro

My one burning question: did we ever figure out the significance of those different numbers on the monitors in Jonah’s ship for the theme song sequence in the Netflix episodes?

2 Likes