Burning Questions! Ask 'em here! Answer 'em here!

What was the purpose of Thong/Fong/Dong in Cave Dwellers?

He sparred with Ator, he caught fish, and…

4 Likes

Didn’t he sneak into the temple, watch a lot of people get eaten by a snake, take a nap, slow cook some brisket, and eventually cut Ator free?

4 Likes

Eventually. He also cracked open a copy of Stephen King’s The Stand and got his leisure reading on before proceeding to save folks. He deserved some me time.

4 Likes

1.Did the show many any riffs based on “Sonic the Hedgehog?”
2. I know the guys did a Zelda riff in one of the season 11 episodes mentioning rupees, but did they do a legend of zelda riff in the original series?
3. There was one Mario kart reference in the new series but was there a mario kart riff in the original series? Other than mentioning super mario world in hercules unchained, and yoshi in the beatniks?

1. Not that I’m aware of.
  2. I don’t think they did.
  3. I don’t believe there was, no.
1 Like

Rupees are an Indian currency. I don’t think that has anything to do with Zelda.

1 Like

What happened to the brunette member of the Evil Teen Gang in Village of the Giants? She just disappears for huge stretches of the movie.

2 Likes

I’ll bet that @DigThatNittyGritty might know.

4 Likes

She got hungry and ran off to eat a Twinkie warehouse.

2 Likes

Well, it’s what I’d do.

2 Likes

I added info on that to the FAQ on the Unofficial Fanpage.

Next to “did anyone step on someone,” it’s the one question I see the most of, and I’m always grateful that Victoria helped us solve the mystery years ago.

5 Likes

It’s so cool that we’ve got experts on some of these films hanging around.

5 Likes

How much Brylcreem was used in the production of a Christmas Dragon? :thinking:

4 Likes

All of it.

4 Likes

Okay, another song lyric question, this one’s been bugging me for a while.

Does anyone have the lyrics to the version of Clown in the Sky that they used to close the Watch Out For Snakes tour?

This is what I think I remember:

Tell me where does all the magic go
When they end the MST Live Show
[???]
When there’s no one to tell us “Watch out for snakes”?

When the audience has left their seats
Will they hashtag us in all their tweets?
Will there still be a clown in the sky for me?

(The Anthony Newley bit is unchanged, with Max doing Servo’s bit and Kinga doing Joel’s.)

3 Likes

So the Gizmoplex is built off of stolen specs, but who did Kinga steal them from?

Also, what is the point of those bike helmets in Robot Wars?

7 Likes

Kim Cattrall.

6 Likes

In Season 12, they revealed that Moon 13 was a secret NASA skunkworks. We still don’t know quite how it fell into Kinga’s hands, or why it had a secret theater that even she didn’t know about, but my assumption was that the plans for the Gizmoplex were something she just found lying around.

Or? Possibly? Something stolen from Gizmonic Arts? Possibly as part of a joint venture with Dr. Kabahl, the Strange Financier From the Future?

7 Likes

The question is- is the Gizmonic institute different from the Gizmonics insitute? Did one plagiarize the other?

6 Likes

Kinga stole the specs, not the specific plans. So the specs might say ‘100,000 square feet of enclosed space, pressurized to 14.7 psi, with a projection screen 40ft by 22.5 ft, with airlocks to allow passage of 200 people per hour ingress and egress’.

Or not.

6 Likes