By The Wayside

Over the many years of the show, a number of items of canon have quietly fallen by the wayside. I’m not talking about one-episode things like the Demon Dogs or the Power Steves, but rather things that were part of the on-going universe. Here’s a few:

• Magic Voice
  • The Hexfield Viewscreen (superseded by The Jetscreen)
  • The Iron Butterfly

What others can you think of, and which would you most like to return?

12 Likes

The Manipulator Arms (M.A.N.O.S.) from The Movie.

11 Likes

Maybe we can find out just what exactly happens in the Load Pan Bay, even if we probably don’t want to know.

8 Likes

I’m still holding out for the return of the Nanites.

17 Likes

I’m also saddened by the distinct lack of “hamdingers” references in recent seasons… :cry:

13 Likes

There was supposed to be something important about Jonah’s payload that he jettisoned in 1101, I thought.

And, speaking of payloads, I miss GPC having a job-related purpose when entering the theater for a riff-by.

13 Likes

I gotta say, I miss the Boneheads. Don’t know where you’d put them in the new, tight sets, and it would be challenging to do cut-away skits of them in another room since they don’t speak. Still, more @timryder, eh?

14 Likes

tap’n’eat
Gypsy
Joel’s chin cabbage
umbilicus
invention exchange
Dr. Erhardt

3 Likes

Me too! The bucket-drop was great, and I also enjoyed it when M. Waverly and Growler came along for the ride. Minority opinion, I know.

I do miss the Skinner reward pellets.

All of these are in the new season, I believe. Pretty sure I heard Kinga say something about the Umbilicus anyway, and the SOLs are clearly tethered to the Moon by some kind of connector.

6 Likes

Even bell-bottom jeans and swing dancing made comebacks.

4 Likes

Everything old is new again. Also, everything right is wrong again.

9 Likes

Said it before, say it again: I hope P.T. Mindslap was right when he said that we haven’t seen the last of him.

Also, when we saw the image of the principal dressed as the devil in Munchie in that first 30-second teaser, I was hoping we’d get surprised by an out-of-nowhere appearance of Paul Chaplin as Pitch. I’d like to see Pitch or any of Paul’s other characters return once again!

11 Likes

Did we ever find out how Jonah survived being eaten by the dino?

OMG! What if it’s like Carnival Of Souls and he’s been a shade all this time. But no one had the heart to tell him?! :cry:

10 Likes

No, even though Jonah promised in the Kickstarter chat that if the season was fully funded he’d give us the scoop on what happened between S11 and S12.

We have long memories, Jonah.

13 Likes

I’ll throw in an extra dollar. Maybe his rent went up unexpectedly.

8 Likes

I know why they’re doing the jetscreen, but I miss Rocket Number Nine.

16 Likes

I like to believe that Reptilicus Metallicus is connected to the Umbilicus (Reptilicus Umbilicus?). When he swallowed Jonah, Jonah popped out the other end, got into his spacesuit, and did the EVA walk at the end of the season.

Also, hmm, a Jonah swallowed by a monster. Sounds almost biblical, doesn’t it?

8 Likes

Mostly I’m just sad that the position Person Who Puts Black Construction Paper Over The Hole has been eliminated. Damn downsizing.

12 Likes

That’s plausible.

I also hope that Kinga didn’t just summarily execute all the guests who asked for their gifts back.

2 Likes

Still, better to let them go before the Holo-Clowns get them.

5 Likes