Cakespotting

Looks like I share a forumversary with @jimmy_two_times - cheers! :clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

Happy Forum Anniversary @Aquarius and @jimmy_two_times!

6 Likes

Happy Birthday, @glmdgrielson!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @glmdgrielson :partying_face: :partying_face:

(may your squarewords be ever kind)

5 Likes

Thank ye both!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday, @glmdgrielson , have a great day !!

:birthday: :tada:

4 Likes

Happy birthday to the man without a face! All this time without a profile pic? You’re almost required to keep it that way now, @glmdgrielson .

4 Likes

There is a reason I added “Cryptid” to my stream tags…

5 Likes

Happy Ninth all ……!!!
For your ninth I’ll share this tidbit…….
My thumbnail pic is Colin Clive and his Great Dane …….

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Lembach @glmdgrielson @Mandrake @Rogarc @SaraLichte !!

8 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Rogarc, @glmdgrielson, @Mandrake, @Lembach!!!

2 Likes

Oh that’s what that cake was for!

4 Likes

Marvel’s Star Wars comics actually did pretty well with the aftermath of the familial revelation. Staying within the bounds of the Code, even. Leia told Luke that she was happy to be his sister, but y’know Dad tortured me and wanted to kill me and killed my planet. You need to give me some time to go public with it and kind of get used to it, all right?

I think it was Louise Jones doing the writing back then. Being more of a grownup about things than Lucas could ever manage. lol

5 Likes

Being the most adult person in the room was kind of Leia’s bag. Always focused on the job, getting crap done! Good old hutt-slayer Leia!

6 Likes

I think if anything makes me angry about Lucas, it’s him talking about how he had to rewrite Leigh Brackett’s script for Empire. Me:

Sir, this woman was The Queen of Space Opera and also wrote the screenplays for “The Big Sleep”, “Rio Bravo” and other movies that are actually good. You need to sit down and count your money.

5 Likes

Also, worth noting that the comic book & novel writers put a LOT more thought into how everything hung together than Mr. $4.5B. I think they did a lot of patching holes. (And in fairness to GL, he seemed to be pretty cool about it all, while saying he none of it was canon.)

4 Likes

Happy Forum anniversary to @Brina @MadScientist !!

5 Likes

I reject his canons and substitute my own!!

fire guns GIF by South Park

5 Likes

Another year to Brina, Random Facts Woman!

6 Likes