Can episodes be licensed for showing at a theater/drive-in?

Anyone have any experience with getting a public performance license for an episode, and/or know who to contact at the SoL?
Drive-in near me has shown interest in showing some, something I want to encourage and assist with in any way I can… :blush:

4 Likes

While I can’t answer the question (though imagine the answer is yes, you’d just have to contact Shout and ask what the rental fee is), if nothing else, I’m pretty certain Universal would offer up The Movie.

The theater owners who I’ve heard speak about it say that the only company they have issues with for these deals is Disney.

3 Likes

I wonder if classic episodes would look OK blown up to that level? I’m sure the film and seasons 11 and beyond would look fine.

2 Likes

It might very on the episode. Some of the episodes on blu-ray look pretty good. I’d say if you licensed something from Season 10, it would probably look as crisp as you can get for the original series. It Lives By Night looks pretty crisp upscaled.

1 Like

The upscaled versions would work…

1 Like

Waiting for his response.
diana prince whatever GIF

1 Like

their screen is huge (50 feet) but also the drive in experience isn’t so much about fidelity as it is about atmosphere…

3 Likes