Can we change the gloomy topic titles when the underlying problems are solved, please?

It seems that every single problem is spawning a brand new topic here with titles something like “Nothing works!” (I’m exaggerating). In the first post of each topic, there is a description of a frustrating problem, which is usually resolved quickly. Idea: if your problem gets solved, would you mind adding the word SOLVED to your topic title? I’m sure Ivan and Leslie would appreciate it, and it would make this section of the forum look better.

14 Likes

Sounds good to me; I’ve done mine!

6 Likes

“But, can The Gizmoplex save our stifling marriage?!?!”

6 Likes

Maybe I like gloom, you ever think of that? May I want to wallow and wail in despair. You never understood me or my music, Dad!

6 Likes

Those of us at a certain trust level (I believe Trust level 2, though I can’t actually find that info on my profile at the moment), actually have the ability to edit thread titles, even when we are not the thread creator/originator.

I’d suggest exercising a degree of caution before we start altering the titles of other people’s threads (I’ve only ever used the ability once, to correct a distracting typo), but that option is there.

1 Like

I think asking the thread owner if you can change their title to include solved in the thread itself is a good idea for sure.

3 Likes

Some users have the power to change the title of threads even if they’re not the original poster. Would there be any objection to those who have that power to adding the word SOLVED to the title of such posts just so there’s clarity on who still needs help? Assuming, of course, that the OP has indicated in the thread that the issue has been resolved?

2 Likes

Adding [SOLVED] to the end of the post title seems right to me.

3 Likes

Capital idea. My title now reads as something completely different. And it would be weird if people comment on it since it doesn’t have anything to do with the Gizmoplex. Unless they do a movie with wrestler ‘Edge’ in it.

1 Like

Why specifically the end? In most support forums I’ve seen that have that as a feature it goes at the beginning so people know what not to pursue any further right off the bat

1 Like

Would it be a good idea to have a topic dedicated to issues people are having? Then, instead of needing to start a new topic every time someone has an issue, they could just post in that particular topic and tag the necessary people?

2 Likes

There’s a whole subforum set up for that, with thread-level voting to add weight to each individual help request:

If you haven’t got your problem solved prefix with “Currently wallowing in my own self pity”

2 Likes