Can we make the Forums stop hating on ALL CAPS responses?

I’ve just realized the forums will always ask if you’ve made a complete sentence and not let it post if the post is in ALL CAPS, which for an excitable group like us happens A LOT.

10 Likes

NO!

Don’t tell Discourse, but I really do support your idea. Inside this triangle, is a safe place for mind freedom. Outside, you must keep up appearances.

9 Likes

I STOLE THIS HACK FROM SOMEONE ELSE, BUT I CAN’T RECALL WHO IT WAS. THANK YOU, WHOEVER YOU WERE.

4 Likes

Well, the trick I used to do XXX doesn’t trick the filter so I guess it wasn’t me.

But, it does appear that there is a setting in Discourse to allow posts with all capital letters. I read a thing where it appears to have been a thing from back 2016 way.

4 Likes

No.

5 Likes

HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

…is a complete sentence

5 Likes

It’s just a cheap trick, really … add only a period on the second line and apply “Blur Spoiler” to it. You still have to jump through a hoop but it’s an almost invisible one.

7 Likes

OH! NOW I SEE IT! IT IS THE DEFINITE ARTICLE INDEED! IT IS THE PUNCTUATION WE NEEDED IN THIS PERIOD! FULL STOP!

7 Likes

I CAN’T HEAR YOU, I HAVE A BANANA IN MY EAR!

8 Likes

ONCE AGAIN WHITE DOT COMES TO THE RESCUE.

11 Likes
7 Likes

IT IS, IN FACT, A RELIEF!

7 Likes

BECOME UNGOVERNABLE

10 Likes

WHY IS THIS THREAD YELLING AT ME?

8 Likes

BECAUSE PACKERS.

PACKERS! WOOOOOOOOOO!

10 Likes

BECAUSE

8 Likes

And that’s how the revolution began. Not with a cannon or a man on a horse. But with a little white dot.

12 Likes

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE YELLING ABOUT!” .

9 Likes

SO WE JUST DO A THING?

7 Likes

DO RESPONSES IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE

8 Likes