Can You Play The MST3K/Star Trek Game?

Name an actor or actress from a MST3K episode, name the episode…who was also in an episode of Star Trek TOS.

Bonus points if you name the Trek episode without looking it up on the internet!

I’ll start…

“It Lives By Night”
Stewart Moss…“The Naked Time” and “By Any Other Name”

Michael Pataki…“The Trouble With Tribbles”

Paul Carr…“Where No Man Has Gone Before”

5 Likes

Barbara Bouchet from Agent for Harm was also in By Any Other Name, with Stewart Moss (pictured here with Warren Stevens, I don’t know if he was ever riffed on, MST or otherwise - EDIT - after looking him up, I see he had a part in Rifftrax Samurai Cop)

3 Likes

There’s lots more! We’ll see how many Trek fans are in the house! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Off the top of my head, I know Betty from High School Big Shot was murdered in an original Trek episode, “Wolf in the Fold”, it was a brief appearance, she beams down to the planet to scan Scotty.

Looking her up, her name was Virginia Aldridge, and that ep was her last onscreen appearance.

download

4 Likes

There’s a certain somebody who leaps right to mind…

(Just noticed the TOS stipulation! Oh, well, I’m leaving it anyway. He was probably in there anyway, somehow, despite being like 10 at the time… )

4 Likes

He was all over DS9! Practically a regular cast-member!

1 Like

No one else? I hate to be a thread hog, but okay, a few more…

Nancy Kovack played James Franciscus’ wife, Teresa, in “Space Travelers” (Marooned) and the femme fatale Nona, in the Trek episode “A Private Little War”. Her Marooned co-star, Mariette Hartley was in “All Our Yesterdays”.

Kovack

And a twofer - Michael Forest (Viking Women) and Leslie Parish (Giant Spider Invasion) in, “Who Mourns for Adonias?”

3 Likes

I should have thought of this one right away:

Gary Lockwood in The Magic Sword

And in the episode “Where No Man Has Gone Before”

3 Likes

Here’s another, with a double MST3K connection.

Whit Bissell in The Lost Continent (second from the right, with glasses)

And in I Was a Teenage Werewolf (on the right)

And in “The Trouble With Tribbles”

images

3 Likes

One more:

Glenn Corbett in the boring made-for-TV science fiction thing The Stranger

images

And in “Metamorphosis” (one of my favorite episodes, sentimental old softy that I am)

4 Likes

Corbett’s co-star in “Metamorphosis” was also in Girls Town (Elinor Donahue)

3 Likes

Stanley Adams, who was Harry March in High School Big Shot, also portrayed Cyrano Jones in the fan favorite “The Trouble with Tribbles”. As a thought, we could probably have a Twilight Zone variant of this thread. Among others, Lisa Foster of Cave Dwellers appeared in an episode of The Twilight Zone (the Eighties reboot, obviously).

StanleyAdams618

3 Likes

Well done, Jake! :clap: :+1:

1 Like

Well done, Victoria! :clap: :+1:

But you left out someone in “The Stranger” who was also in a Trek episode. Have a look at the cast…you’ll find it!

1 Like

What a difference in appearance!

Can anyone tell me who this is, standing next to Kirk?

The episode is “The Squire of Gothos”, one of several shows in the 60s she appeared on. She wasn’t in many features, but one of them wound up on MST3K.

Need a hint? Her character’s name was Tina

Need another? Her movie was featured in season 2

The answer - Venita Wolf, who played Tina Moss in Catalina Caper

2 Likes

The original Zephram Cochrane.

2 Likes

She was in an episode of The Monkees too. Quite a cutie! :heart_eyes:

They woulda put him in First Contact, but he died 3 years earlier. :pensive:

I wouldn’t have gotten this one without the hint, so thanks!

Sharon Acker in The Stranger

download

And as Odona in “The Mark of Gideon”

images

(Side note: I wonder how much controversy this episode stirred up, as it deals with a taboo against birth control for explicitly religious reasons. The reference to “Gideon” [as in hotel Bibles] in the title, too!)

4 Likes