Canadian MSTies, Eh?

Just wanted to say hello to any fellow Canadian MSTies in the forum, as well as see whereabouts in the Great White North you reside, and if you’d like to, share a little blurb about how you came across MST3K.

For myself, I’m in Ontario, livin’ in the GTA :slight_smile: And as for how I came across the show, it wasn’t until long after the original run ended, when I’d happen to discover it during my first year of university (thank you, Internet). After getting to watch a good chunk of the series, and learning of the first Kickstarter, I was really hyped for more riffing coming from the then-announced Jonah and the Bots. And my love for the show has continued to grow since then.

Look forward to hearin’ from you Canucks! :smiley: :canada:

11 Likes

(must resist urge to post the song…)

6 Likes

Too late!

8 Likes

Canada, home of cinema’s greatest action hero!

Rowsdower

6 Likes

Darn. I thought it was gonna’ be Captain Canuck.

2 Likes

How’s it goin, eh? Proud Canadian living in Buffalo here. It’s kind of a long story. But yah, bud! Doin’ decent over here in the Lower 48.

(I’ve…honestly lived here close to 30 years but still have dual citizenship, a ton of family in the GTA and visit as often as I can, long as a generational pandemic isn’t getting in the way)

7 Likes

Heya fellow Canuckleheads!

3 Likes

MSTie living in Ottawa here, but watched my first episode (Brain that Wouldn’t Die) as a teenager in my sister’s apartment in Winnipeg in the late 90s. Had to go into the big city to get that fancy cable! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I am not Canadian, but if any Canadians would like to adopt me, I’d be interested in becoming a Canadian…

Edit: if it helps I already love moose and poutine

4 Likes

All I’ll say is that the building my office is located in can be seen in this image.

8 Likes

All I need is a famous youtube geoguesser and you’re rumbled!

2 Likes

I’m originally from Vancouver but I moved to the US over a decade ago. The first MST3K I saw was the movie at a friend’s house in highschool as a double feature with Rocky Horror on Halloween. This was probably 1998 or so. My introduction to the series wouldn’t come until 2001.

7 Likes

I went to Vancouver a few years back, and it was amazing.

4 Likes

My Uncle’s been Canadian since Canada let him go there instead of go to Vietnam.

This is my only link to Canada.

I just wanted to participate.

:frowning:

9 Likes

That was very nice of Canada!

6 Likes

Small world! My dad is Canadian and went to Vietnam :rofl:

6 Likes

I had to buy the VHS tapes back in the day. Like $20 an episode.

3 Likes

If you’ve had pizza with big slabs of ham or waffles with tree blood on them, you’re in. If you’ve seen a hockey stick, you’re in. If you’ve seen almost any American television, you’re in. If you’ve ever worn a warm hat, you’re in. All things connect to Canada. Everyone’s Canadian! :upside_down_face: :canada:

4 Likes

There was a Canadian MSTie with the handle buckfifty on the Sci-Fi Channel’s Caption This! pages back in the late '90s. He sent me tapes, so I know Canadian MSTies are some of the best MSTies.

7 Likes

VeHS tapes?

3 Likes