Canadian MSTies, Eh?

You betcha!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful. I’m looking forward to being able to visit again soon, hopefully this summer. Covid and toddlers made it a no go for too long. Mr. Sarah and I had our first apartment just off Davie, and I really miss the West End as it was at that time.

4 Likes

Hello fellow Canadian MSTie!

I’m in the East end of the GTA, so when there is a GTA meet-up/viewing party I’ll be there.

I came across the show when the movie came out on TMN in the late 90s. Was channel surfing and was wondering why TMN was playing a kids movie (bright colours and puppets) so late at night. Flicked past it and came around again on the next lap of channel surfing when the riff, “And if your hands were metal, that would mean something” played and I’ve been hooked ever since.

I wear my Kickstarter MST3K hoodie around town literally fishing for other Canadian MSTies. My car mechanic noticed it and mentioned he became a MSTie when he rented the movie from Blockbuster in the 90s.

6 Likes

I wonder if anyone from Old Canada is currently working on the show… :thinking: Philly would probably seem like the Bahamas after growing up in Yellowknife, right? :wink:

1 Like

I’m not Canadian, but my mom is…I guess I’m half Canadian, eh? :canada:

5 Likes

Hello fellow Ontarian! My green Subaru Forester has a Dr. Clayton - themed vanity plate. It has yet to pay off and be noticed by a MSTie, but one day it will, I’m sure of it.

6 Likes
My green Subaru Forester has a Dr. Clayton - themed vanity plate.

I’ll now be checking the licence plate of every green Subaru on the whole 400 series highway system.

4 Likes

I envy you Canadians. I was born in Pittsburgh but I really wish I was from Alberta. I love The Final Sacrifice and especially Satoris (should be obvious). I really think my destiny was to rule one acre of land for about a week!

4 Likes

C’mon up and say “Hi”

I guarantee no hidden civilizations will hunt you down*

*Offer not valid

4 Likes

Was it on one of those big dishes? That was the only way to see the show up there, except for tape trading.

2 Likes

Must have been on cable on the Sci-fi Channel? Because there’s no way that rundown downtown Winnipeg apartment had satellite.

2 Likes

OK, I thought it was way earlier.

1 Like

While there was no cable package back in day accessible in Vancouver showing MST3K.
I know that The Mystery Science Theater Hour was available as it was on one of the Seattle stations in our basic cable package.

2 Likes

Here in Rowsdower land we didn’t have MST3K in any form, cable or otherwise. I’m 10,000% sure if I had been able to see it back in the 90s I’d have been a fan.

We did have the Space channel which showed Sci-fi and the like, they even tried to make their own MST-style show but it was terrible!

Any Canadians know what I’m talking about? It was late 90s

4 Likes

There should be an episode in S14, or at least a short, in which Canada seizes temporary control of the Gizmoplex, in the grand tradition of that SCTV where all the regular crew goes on strike.

4 Likes

Oh heck yeah!!

2 Likes

Details!

2 Likes

I remember it but remember little else about it aside from how terrible it was.

3 Likes

I barely remember it but it had a host, a sentient slime and I think a robot. There was no riffing only host segments.

I only vaguely remember it

2 Likes

Aha! It was called SpaceBar

BEHOLD!*

*DEEP HURTING

5 Likes