Cannot switch email address in vhx

Tried to switch email address in my vhx account and get an error that says “Email has already been taken.” All my backer rewards ended up under the wrong email and now I can’t change the address.

2 Likes

Try logging in to the account it thinks has that email address already instead.

1 Like

I’d like to change my VHX/Gizmoplex email address to the one I use for Kickstarter and Discourse.

Is it possible to do this on my own without losing the MST3K episodes associated with my account, or should I contact @Lesley or @ivan for assistance?

2 Likes

I had to change my VHX email a few years ago and had to go to VHX customer care and they were very helpful. They will need proof that you are the owner of the account, so if you have an email from the 2015 kickstarter showing you received rewards in VHX, that will be very helpful to them

I sent them a screenshot of my digital rewards from 2015 and they changed my email to what the Kickstarter email is.

4 Likes

I think that’s because VHX is based on Vimeo and if you have a separate Vimeo account then it’s probably conflicting with that.

1 Like

Vimeo accounts actually have no connection to Vimeo OTT accounts. Weird but true!

2 Likes

Thanks for the help!

It turned out to be much easier than that. I just went to my account settings page at gizmoplex.com, entered the email address I want to use + my current password, and saved the changes. Everything seems in order, all my purchases are still in my library. Easy-peasy.

1 Like

I was having this problem too. I ended up changing my email address for the gizmoplex and then the theater.gizmoplex. That allowed me to access my library, but when I try to access the Kingadome, it says it can’t find my pass. Probably because my Event Pass is tied to the previous email address I was using before I had to change it to access my library.

I can still access the live events from www.gizmoplex.com, so this is a nuisance to be sure, but not a disaster. It’ll work itself out eventually.

1 Like

The Kingadome theater is only active when there is a live event happening. Don’t assume there is a problem as right now, no one can get into the theater.

1 Like