Can't Access the Back Catalog for the better part of this past week

Is anyone else having trouble accessing streaming for the older seasons on the Gizmoplex? Starting sometime around the past weekend, every time I click on a classic episode it displays a ‘Watch for Free’ button that navigates me back to the homepage.

I still have access to the episodes from the current ongoing season.

I’ve tried logging out and back in as well as accessing it using different browsers, all with the same result.

Did something change about the subscription model that I didn’t hear about?

1 Like

Nothing changed with subscriptions that I know of. I was just able to start every episode in seasons one and two. I got the occasional error, but if I pressed the proffered retry button, it would work.

This makes me think you might have an account problem. I suggest you try emailing for help at gizmoplex@mst3k.com.

2 Likes

And please keep us posted on the situation in this thread, @noysh. Hopefully, this can get resolved for you quickly and we can look forward to hearing a good follow-up.

Also, welcome to the forums, glad to have you here! :smiley:

1 Like

From your description, I’m assuming you are trying to access the episodes from the VHX site and not the Gizmoplex theater, correct?

If that is the case, make sure you are logged into the site. Then click “My videos” and then your Gizmoplex subscription. that’s the only way I’ve found to get the VHX site to work.

If you are going through the Gizmoplex theater, or if you are using an app, can you give us a bit more information? Which app, for instance?

2 Likes

Gizmoplex.com > Watch for Free > click on any episode

The player is greyed out and there’s the text: " WATCH THIS VIDEO AND MORE ON MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX" with a button directly beneath with the text “WATCH FREE”. If I click that button, I see a blue screen that says " Thanks for joining! [Gizmoplex Account] We sent a confirmation email to [email for my gizmoplex account]." There’s a button that says “Explore” beneath the text that sends me to the Browse - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX homepage. And I never receive any email.

This happens in all browsers and persists after I log out and back in.

All the Season 13 content still works and I can watch that. But the above happens whenever I attempt to watch any of the classic episodes (s10 or below).

As I said, this only started happening to me sometime since last weekend, I had access prior to then and I have the 12 month Kickstarter pass active until March 2023, so I don’t see any reason the access would have expired.

Confirmation that this isn’t happening to others means I’d agree; it’s time to email support. :wink:

I’ll update here when I hear back.

Gizmoplex referred be to vimeo support for the issue and opened a support ticket with them. Slow to respond, but they seem to be looking into it.

Update:

The Vimeo support team finally got back with me today and notified me that they resolved the issue for me. No clear explanation about why it might have happened, but I’m able to view the classic episodes again (about a month later).

5 Likes