Car Talk

Current issue:
I don’t have a garage or driveway so I have to park in the street. The only spot that doesn’t block a mailbox or fire hydrant is under a 100’ southern red oak. My car is absolutely filthy

Thankfully that’s it for the moment… knock wood

3 Likes

Strictly used vehicles for me. I’m driving the BatCar until I can’t fix it anymore, then probably a two-door Wrangler.

4 Likes

Just took possession of the new-to-me Taco, and now I’m all “bro, bro, bro!”

Not really. The only thing I’m not happy with is the hood. Specifically the hood scoop. Because it’s not a scoop. It has zero function except to obscure vision, but IT’S SO BADASS BRO! BRO!

10 Likes

Yeah those fake cowl induction hoods are annoying!
If they’re gonna install those, at least make them functional! :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

At least it doesn’t have those TRD Sport decals plastered on it.

6 Likes

There are write ups on how to make them functional, but I wouldn’t recommend it on a brand new purchase.

3 Likes

Beat me to this post :+1:

2 Likes

This thing has a working cd player in it.

Also a Qi charger pad, handy.

9 Likes

Wait! I thought the scoop meant it had the supercharger?? Now, I has a sad. :sob:

So all those TRD (hubs has a TRD) with scoops, I could have totally taken?!? Vrooom vrooom!

3 Likes

I’ll bet if you pop the hood on hub’s TRD, those scoops not connected to the air intake.
Which is a travesty is you wanna know the truth… :triumph:

2 Likes

Oh, hubs does NOT have the scoop…but he has talked about aftermarket turbocharger. I just thought that scoop=supercharger!

3 Likes

Yeah probably.

ETA it’s also got a GoPro mount on the windshield, so that I can shoot video of myself doing XSTREEM PICKUP TRUCKING and post it up to FaceBro. Not aftermarket. It’s Toyota equipment. Weird.

3 Likes

For a few years (late '90s to early '00s?), Subaru was putting fake scoops on the hoods of all their cars (or at least the “sport” trim?). Obviously the WRXs did have real scoops feeding the turbos (which is a gas turbine supercharger), but plenty of other Subies with drag generating hood decorations.

4 Likes

Color me astounded :open_mouth:

I have a functional scoop!!!

6 Likes

Oooooh, like the Cybertrkkk drivers posting videos of them doing really tough manly stuff like driving slowly on a dirt road or in a gentle circle in a parking lot.

6 Likes

Ceramic coated my fathers car today.

One bottle is supposed to be enough for a full sized car… Ran out with half a bumper and the roof left to do…

Thankfully this was a gift, and the gift giver had decided to toss in an extra bottle for me to try, so I just popped that bottle open to finish the job.

Looks nice. I may end up buying another kit for myself after the weather cools down some… this was HOT work today. (Pulled his car into the center of the attached garage, closed the garage door, opened the house door and kept a little cooler than it could have been?)

Would have looked better if my dad had let me polish a few spots around the car first, but it’s his car, not mine. He’s happy and that’s all that matters.

I’m beat.

Tomorrow… yard work for the parents…

I’m going to be very sore and tired by Sunday.

6 Likes

I totally missed an opportunity to shoot some wicked lit lumber hauling today.

5 Likes

Reminds me of another classic (if you can use that term for videos of a vehicle that’s only been out a few months and has spent half that time being recalled) Cybertrkkk one: hauling 4 bags of potting soil, which I totally could not easily do in my hatchback Impreza, not at all.

7 Likes

Man, hubs and I both had Hyundai hatchbacks when we were first together/married. We would joke about all the “truck” things that we did…meanwhile the super shiny F250 with large rims (thereby negating any off-road stuff) and never saw a speck of dirt in its life.

Here is what we hauled in our hatchbacks:
-Full sized side by side fridge/freezer
-3000 lbs of river rocks (that took a couple trips…the old Elantra’s struts were nearing their end and we didn’t want to bottom it out…lol!)
-14 large logs for fire
-Full sized file cabinet
-4 six foot folding tables
-large entertainment center (2 trips)

Probably a ton of stuff I’m forgetting! Hatchback FTW!

5 Likes