Category suggestions

:point_up: I agree.

I come here to get away from politics and religion. I live in a region where those two factors dictate EVERYTHING. And just like politics and religion, you can’t contain it.

If there was a group that could do it intellectually, I would lay my salary it would be this one. And that’s exactly the reason we shouldn’t do it. I love this group too much to see what would happen if we tried.

7 Likes

Yo.
:+1:

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Don’t think I didn’t notice you liked my suggestion of Terror Birds =)

1 Like

I come here to make jokes and chew bubblegum. And I’m all outta gum.

3 Likes

seE? People SomeTimEs INsist on DoIng what you shoulDN’T do. Keeping It simpLe. Like HIMSELF, I shall adopt his style!

2 Likes

Seriously, since I’m now guilty of going off topic, I shall pirouette and dig myself out of this hole.

What about a RANDOM QUOTES category? Just to see where it goes….

It would be nice to just go somewhere and spout off random quotes anytime we like.

3 Likes

You mean Out of context MST3K quotes ? Already done =)

2 Likes

Ah, I was going by the original post as it pertained to a certain situation. But I’m in!

Well, as soon as something funny comes to mind.

2 Likes

It’s good. I fixed the premise to fit everything. Huzzah!

2 Likes

Any luck with creating a category for fandom related things? I have a great story to tell about meeting a MSTie in the wild just now and spreading the word of #MakeMoreMST3K that would be perfect to share in that space. :slight_smile: Pretty please :relaxed:

2 Likes

I think a category that might be useful is for the other projects of the cast and crew. For example, Joel and Nell Scovell are doing an event online next weekend and as far as I can tell there’s no obvious category for that to go in just yet.

5 Likes

It is done! It’s under MST3K Central.

2 Likes

I think that could probably go in Extended World of Riffing? I’m trying to be cautious of creating too many highly specific categories that wind up not being used.

3 Likes

Keep it simple (I won’t add stupid :wink:) - don’t go overboard with categories and subcategories.

And for the love of Mike (or Joel, or Jonah, or Emily), no politics. Not here, you want that, there are plenty of places to accommodate you, but I’ve seen too many forums and whatnot go up in flames. And then you have to bring in a tiny forum exorcist type to close the gates of hell, who’ll then proclaim

acfe9501d51baa9dee42d588d418251a

But by then the damage is done, members are left psychologically scarred, the forum lay in ashes. Oh, the humanity!

(too melodramatic? Okay, just, no politics)

5 Likes

On the topic of a politics or current events section of the forum, I would strongly suggest you don’t. I moderate a Doctor Who forum that has such a section and it is by far the most antagonistic area of the forum. Worse those “fights” then bleed over into other sections.

My two bits from been there done that, have the scars to prove it.

7 Likes

Awesome. I think that would be a good use of the category. The description on it just kind of threw me and made me think it was just for riffing projects.

1 Like

Did I miss someone suggesting a place on here for announcing local events and meet-ups? Do people still meet IRL? Is corn grass?

1 Like

Under MST3K Central, there is Meetups category

2 Likes

And yes, please do still meet in real life :laughing: for the previous tours I helped coordinate a couple meet ups before the show and plan on doing that again this time around.

1 Like

Absofruitly.