Caught up in the movie

I can’t say for sure about the former. But for the latter, my guess is that she did it to spite her judgmental mother. Yeah it’s stupid, but teenagers are quite capable of such idiocies without considering the long-term consequences.

Also The Screaming Skull does the Gaslight stuff at least ten times better than Gaslight did. There, I said it, and I’d say it again.

6 Likes

I also get into Catalina Caper. And I would watch The Land That Time Forgot unriffed.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s plausible. Jane doesn’t really come across as a deep thinker, does she?

3 Likes

Devil Doll. It’s genuinely creepy, and Bryant Halliday is one of the best actors Mst3k has stumbled across. Easy to get caught up in this one.

4 Likes

That take’s hotter’n Cowboy Mike’s Red Hot Ricochet BBQ sauce!

It’s BOLD!

5 Likes

I genuinely enjoy Gamera vs. Barugon. In fact, I tracked down a copy of it (not the same dub) just so I could watch it without riffing and I still enjoyed it. This is a movie that would have been good as a monster movie on its own without Gamera. Quite frankly, the hero’s idea to use the mirrors was ingenious and would have worked if it wasn’t a Gamera movie.

4 Likes

Yes! I asked this over on the other site. Jane doesn’t seem to like anyone in the car. She doesn’t like Terry or her boyfriend. She doesn’t like her date and yet there she is. How did she even meet Terry? It doesn’t seem like they would run in the same social circles. Even if she was trying to spite her parents for whatever reason, how would she have run into Terry who had apparently been in and out of the system most of her life?

…and then, when she has the chance, she doesn’t explain what had happened and what she saw. WHY? She doesn’t like any of these people and she just saw them commit a crime. Why in the name of Ned did she essentially act like an accomplice?

5 Likes

Re-watching Being From Another Planet and thinking again how unsatisfying it is that Peter Sharpe doesn’t get killed after all the other deaths and problems he caused by damaging the mummy and stealing the crystals. I guess that means Kevin Brophy’s a pretty good actor…? :thinking:

4 Likes
  • Catalina Caper
  • Any Gamera movie
  • I Accuse My Parents
  • Starcrash
  • Prince of Space
  • The Land That Time Forgot

And it gets a lot of hate, but I love Wild Wild World of Batwoman.

4 Likes

yeah, got to agree with that last paragraph. They’re so otherworldly lush — like a View-Master slide

3 Likes

So, like Jungle Goddess?

3 Likes