Change Email address

Hi, I need to change my email address too, is there a procedure now?

2 Likes

Still wasn’t able to find a solution, so now that the email (and this old account) are inaccessible, I’ve had to switch to my new google account. Seems like the best option for me for now. I’d appreciate it if this old account could be merged, deleted, or whatever, to prevent any confusion.

2 Likes

Hi,

I was looking to change the email address on my VHX/Gizmoplex account, since the email I had signed up with before has stopped working recently, so I can’t receive a verification email to help change it, and I don’t want to lose the rewards I got from the Kickstarter. Is there anyone we can email about fixing it? Same question goes for the forum here.

1 Like

Adding myself to the list of people who would like to change the email address linked to my account.

Really disconcerting that there’s no solution to this after a year and a half…

1 Like

Unfortunately - maybe inexplicably - Discourse has made this operation exceptionally cumbersome.

1 Like

Be that as it may (and from my searches it seems like a longstanding problem with Discourse), if it’s something only admins (not mods) can potentially do, I would have hoped they’d have some official procedure in place by now for getting in contact with one and getting them to do the necessary.

So, six months since my initial reply, almost 20 months since the OP, and still no solution? Not even a suggestion for how those of us who need this attempt to handle it? That’s disappointing and it stinks.

1 Like

Is this still a no-go? This is literally the last thing left to change at my old email address.

Meaning this forum or the KS? I’m assuming the forum. Unfortunately, we cannot find any information on how to do this. You could try asking in the Discourse help forum, but I’m not sure you will get an answer there either.

1 Like

I meant here. I’ll check that link. Thanks.

Wowwww there sure is a lot of discussion about this over there, spanning 8 years. Some “solutions,” but they all seem to be admin-based and it seems to be a crapshoot if they’ll work or not. Yowza.

Umph, that seems … silly. Worse, none of us mods have that sort of access to even try making changes on the admin side. I’m not sure what to offer in the way of a solution here.

1 Like

I’m thinking “grin and bear it” is the solution. I guess I’ll keep that old, crumbling, lumbering Yahoo email address alive for this and only this.

Someone, somewhere has to have actual administrative power? I mean who set up Discourse here in the first place? Was it contract work done by a person who now is no longer employed with MST3K or something?

I’m sure Lesley has admin powers, but your everyday mod team does not. When this was brought up before she wasn’t sure how or if she could change the info either.

Wow. When even your admin isn’t sure if they can do admin stuff… (that might sound like “geez you guys suck”; it isn’t. more like “why the grawlix does Discourse make this so hard?”)

No kidding. This is 100% on Discourse. Asking admins to run command line instructions to change an email is sadistic. Making email an editable field, that’s just what… all other software, everywhere…? does.

1 Like

I wish the grin and bear it solution were valid for me - my old email provider doesn’t do forwarding and the only way to keep this old address is to pay over $50 a month to keep up the internet service for a vacant house that will be occupied once a year. Once that service is shut off, I lose access to my forum info. I’ll say it again, it stinks.

1 Like

Unfortunately, your only other option would be to create a new account with a new email address and user name. You would lose all of your stats and your “backer” flair though.

You are so right that it stinks.

1 Like