Choosing which episode to watch

Am I the only one who takes forever to pick an episode a lot of the time? My husband and I can debate for like 45 minutes what’s the best to watch right then. We often go random. Tonight we’re watching Atlantic Rim and not Starcrash because rock beats scissors. Does anyone else have any good methods for narrowing down which to watch?

1 Like

I tend to go chronological. Then once I finish Ator, it’s back to The Crawling Eye (the KMTA episodes are just a bit too rough around the edges for regular viewing)

2 Likes

I often like to pull something up that aired on or around the day’s date.

3 Likes

I watch them chronologically on 2 “tracks”, one starting at KTMA and the other starting around Season 6, and I alternate them.

4 Likes

Interesting, any particular reason for choosing season 6 ?

1 Like

I like this idea a lot. It’s such a simple, elegant way to watch them chronologically yet get a mix of Joel and Mike/Jonah.

2 Likes

I have an app on my phone called “Random MST3K-0-Matic” that just selects random episodes, in case the choice gets too difficult. It can even customize based on host, bot, or Mad preference.

Screenshots_2021-07-23-19-07-58

2 Likes

And you can get this where? Asking for a friend :wink:

1 Like

I just stumbled upon it on Google Play. Type in “MST3K” and it should be one of the app suggestions.

1 Like

Thanks, BRB.

2 Likes

The second track starts about halfway through - as FreemanLowell noted, I still watch chronologically and still get a mix of hosts.

1 Like

No difficulty in choosing, not anymore, maybe waaay back, when when I was watching them on an almost daily basis. But now it’s more a ‘whenever the mood strikes me’ type of thing. An episode will pop into my head as something fun to revisit. Just random