Christmas lights against a panel?

Is it just me or is the backdrop of the Gizmoplex a tongue-in-cheek reference? I was assuming it was just a random star field, but I was looking at it tonight and it appears to be Christmas lights against a wall.

Now, maybe it’s not as obvious from a distance, but zoomed in…

Capture 1

Is this deliberate? Or am I just crazy?

14 Likes

Those aren’t stars, they’re Starlink satellites. Elon Musk bought all the stars and had them shut off… said his were better.

7 Likes

Perhaps some of what you believe to be stars are actually comets, or even wicked cool spaceships with flame decals on the side, and what you are seeing are either cosmic debris or merely a long film exposure.

You can test for these possibilities by sending a communications signal or attempting to catch them with a large butterfly net.

5 Likes

My experience with comets is that comets don’t come with linked tails like that. …tails that are similar to the patterns made by a strand of twinkle lights. :smiley:

5 Likes

Should have known I couldn’t trust him.

6 Likes

It’s a Tholian web.

7 Likes

It’s only a model.

11 Likes

It’s actually thousands of tiny suns, shrunk down and stored in the Alternaversal office.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s definitely deliberate.

4 Likes

Shh!

8 Likes

Maybe they are all tethered satellites and their umbilici. How many experiments does Kinga have going on, anyway?

6 Likes

Space bugs, trying to avoid being space-crushed when slamming into Alternaversal’s giant space-windshield, Space-y.

3 Likes

That sounds like something Kinga would build.

3 Likes

It’s a simulation. We’re already in the Simulator of Love.

4 Likes

I mean, if she really wanted to take over the world, I feel like there would be more than one experiment! :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Not every backdrop can be Hungry Hungry Hippos

3 Likes

It’s all a plot by Dr. Cabal, the TRUE MAD of Season 13.

Only the combined might of our 3 plucky hosts, their robot friends and the unified Clan Forrester will defeat his plans…

After this word from our sponsors about Bendy.

5 Likes

Why not?

2 Likes

I love it.

2 Likes

It has to be a homage to the old sci-fi shows that used Christmas lights for star fields.

4 Likes