Cinéma Vérité

You mean besides charging $30 each for tickets?

I always liked the little intermission animations at drive in theaters, so some of that between episodes would be heckin’ neat.

Not sure how to replicate the thrill of sneaking your own snacks into the theater, but…

5 Likes

We got one of those theaters where they serve you a full meal while you watch your movie. It’s awesome but whenever there’s a quiet scene, you hear a bunch of silverware clanking and chewing.

5 Likes

Those theaters rock and the one local to me is the only one I’ll go to now/forever… but, yeah, those lulls in audio get real weird real fast.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Look up Kevin Murphy’s Thanksgiving story.

4 Likes

That whole book was a treasure, but that part was particularly amazing.

5 Likes

Servo as a grumbling usher who checks each theater with a flashlight and what-have-ya.

6 Likes

Hope you didn’t go see either of the Quiet Place movies in that theater. :laughing:

4 Likes

Coats strewn over empty seats to “reserve” them, and someone glaring at you when the damn film’s already started and you want to sit down in one of those spots.

Mama Harper of Carol Burnett Show fame: on your right and stepping over you every 10 minutes to go to and from the powder room.

20 interminable minutes of coming attractions featuring bombastic, glitzy ads for movie franchises you’ll never want to see and comestibles you’d never eat in a million years.

4 Likes

This would be meta…or wait, recursive?..with the door sequence:

3 Likes

If the gizmoplex store serves buttered popcorn candles ill take 3.

1 Like

Dude! I’ve snuck snacks into the theater for every Gizmoplex event. Nobody’s caught me yet! Some movie releasing companies are SO STUPID!

5 Likes

It would be very Cinematic Titanic as well.

2 Likes

True!

duh-duh-dahdah-duh-duh-duh
duh-duh-dahdah-duh-duh-duh

2 Likes

bwa bwaaa bwa

3 Likes

I always forget, but good news! No one ever calls me anyway. :performing_arts:

1 Like

I had that reaction too. Everything’s just a bit too sterile and antiseptic. A little wear-and-tear and maybe some litter would add that lived-in lunar look.

Since it’s in the moon, I kind of expected to see this bar…

5 Likes

If this is to be the authentic 31st Century experience, we’d better get some beefcake burlesque, too.

1 Like

Welcome to the moon, ladies!

2 Likes

I enjoy that unironically. R.I.P. to two of comedy’s foremost cuties. <3

2 Likes