Cinematic Titanic... what happened?

Didn’t Josh have a health issue too? He had to bow out of some shows (Gruber filled in for him)

I watched Doll Squad and Samson and the 7 Miracles of the World unriffed and it’s too bad I didn’t get to see those live (though Samson didn’t last long due to rights issues) because those flicks were prime riff material. Astral Factor getting an official release would have been nice too, as that had a lot of gems in it.

As with MSTs live shows, I wish we could have gotten them all on disc or streaming. It’s kind of like with lost films, where I have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and think, “I’ll never get to see this, I’ll never know what wonders it offered”

2 Likes

Maybe it’s like Manos and Death Bed and I’d find it more bearable with live company. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Tubi’s martial arts lineup is SERIOUSLY FUN.

I mean, that’s no East Meets Watts, but then again, what is?

2 Likes

Tubi is also a great way to catch up with the Rifftrax catalog.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! That was fun (and hunchy)! Tomorrow night I’m gonna try some more. And thank you Tubi

4 Likes

I got in the habit of watching all the extras after any CT feature, which usually meant the other trailers, so I mentally chalked it all up as more content. They just felt like an absence on the Shout releases, even though overall it’s not that much stuff.

2 Likes

Perhaps if the technology had been available back when CT was active, rather than touring, they could have done like Rifftrax does with their live shows – perform in front of an audience in one theater but link the show to various theaters across the country. That would certainly seem to be more cost effective and easier for the performer’s personal lives as well.

The downside of that is that they don’t get to test out the material on audiences beforehand. With a touring show, the performers can edit and rewrite lines over time if they find the audience reactions to be different from what they expected.

6 Likes

I love how in the last oh-so-profound scene of The Astral Factor, you can see the thoroughly annoying girlfriend reading a Legion of Superheroes comic. At the time, that comic was full of characters like Grimbor: Bondage Master, and the ultimate lonely guy who built a robot copy of his missing girlfriend but then brainwashed himself into thinking “she” was real. Yet any of those plots were more plausible and less grody than anything in that movie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not sure about elsewhere outside the US, but I just checked the Tubi Apple TV app and the eight Cinematic Titanic episodes are available for me here in Australia too, no VPN required.

1 Like

Interesting. Up 'til a couple of years ago, I could get Tubi in the UK without a VPN, but it suddenly changed. I guess there are differing rights issues in different territories.
Currently, visiting their website gives the following message "Tubi is the largest free movie and TV streaming service in the US. Unfortunately, we’re not currently available in your area.
Watch this webpage to see when Tubi is available in your area."

If Tubi is a sad for you, is ShoutFactory TV a happy alternative?

https://www.shoutfactorytv.com/videos?q=cinematic+titanic

Strange. But you’re probably right about it being a rights thing. Still, have you tried accessing through their app? Maybe that still works? I can’t test it through their website as I’m just on a phone right now, so the website bumps me out to the app when I go to watch something.

1 Like

The Tubi app on my Fire TV Stick won’t work without a VPN set to a USA IP address either.

1 Like

Dang.

1 Like

Sorry. Just having a bit of fun there. Well, black-hearted fun. Thinking of how many services start out cool like this and then… the claws come out later on. But I might look into it anyway. :beers:

2 Likes