Classic Comedy Videos

Let’s share some fun moments of classic comedy. I’ll start with these hilarious bits from Mantan Moreland and Ben Carter’s Vaudeville act put into some Charlie Chan films. It’s too bad these are rarely seen due to the (justifiable IMO) modern world finding those movies kind of offensive, because these two are incredibly talented and have some great comic timing!

Another classic comedy routine I love is Jack Benny in the supermarket encountering a free sample.

And finally, here’s Sid Caesar as a German general getting dressed in his uniform by his butler.

Feel free to post newer stuff too, I just enjoy classic comedy.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Here’s some old (ish) favorites:

2 Likes

Mitchell and Webb’s hilarious crime-fighting duo sketch…

for an older one, Abbott & Costello Meet the Creature From the Black Lagoon - makes me laugh because Lou makes Bud break character at one point, and then he cracks up too (did Lou improvise that Emmy line?)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Where funny meets adorable.

3 Likes
2 Likes

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I love Kids In The Hall, and I find this to be one of their most underrated sketches:

I am also fond of this one:

This sketch from Mr. Show:

SCTV’s take on Michael McDonald:

And finally, the Monty Python Argument Clinic sketch:

6 Likes

Girl drink drunk is one of my favorites too!

4 Likes

Dayaaaaam.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

The Riders In The Sky radio show had a running gag about a gun with a similar premise to kitchen gun. They have it in podcast form now if anyone wants to dig for the episodes that mention it.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll play! I could easily fill three more posts like this one, BTW. (I hope I get the links right for this system, I don’t usually post media on this style of board. Edit: I have so many videos that I’m not going to embed them, you can middle-click on one to open it in a new tab.)

Peter Serafinowicz: Internet Ham.

Mr. Show: Blow Up The Moon.

Mr. Show: 24 is the highest number

Mr. Show: Thrilling Miracles (Content warning: simulation of psychological abuse)

Mr. Show: Satanic Televangelists

Fry & Laurie: Stephen Fry Blabbering knowledgably.

Fry & Laurie: Laurie buying an engagement ring from Fry.

Fry & Laurie: The Haircut.

And to get back to the original premise of the thread, the whole Jack Benny episode where he’s shopping for Christmas, and drives Mel Blanc’s character to shoot himself.

2 Likes

One of the greatest sketches of all time here.

3 Likes