come riff the strangest movies ever made with Drive-in Saturday!

Greetings, my friends. we are all interested in riffing bad movies, for that is where you and i have spent most of our lives–alongside the Host, the Bots, the Mads and the rest. But what if there were a way you could riff movies yourself, without being stranded on a satellite? What if there were a place on the internet you could visit (approximately) twice a month and join a group of like-minded individuals such as yourselves; to gather and roundly mock the movies that confound us–the cheesy, the obscure, the lame and the bizarre?

My friends, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the movies that pain us so. Let us reward the valiant Video Warriors who lash out with sharpened tongues and rapier wit to riff the Strangest Movies Ever Made.

Join us…at Drive-in Saturday.

Drive-in Saturday, or DiS, is a movie-riffing group that’s been around since 2011. We’re looking for new members to join us in our ever-expanding mission to mock all sorts of movies, primarily cult films, science fiction, questionable blockbusters and obscure ephemera.

We meet every other Saturday night at 9:30PM Central to stream a movie over our private RTMP server and Discord. We are LGBTQ+ friendly and anti-fascist. We primarily run movies that do not involve high amounts of gore, realistic violence or sexual abuse; in the rare instances that we bend this rule we run trigger warnings beforehand. And occasionally we organize a HARDCORE MOVIE CHALLENGE for charity–airing a movie that is so infamously bad that it will test your limitations as a riffer, and sometimes as a human being–and pass the hat for a worthy cause.

If this all sounds like a good time to you, DM me here on the Discourse board or send me an email at zedexthree@driveinsaturday.net, and I’ll forward you an invite to our Discord server. Our next show will take place 11/27/2021.

If you’ve ever wanted to riff a bad movie with a server full of internet weirdos from the comfort of your own home, now’s your chance! Come on down to the Drive-in, get your ticket from the murderbot in the booth and buy some nachos from the Spooky Video Kids With Glowing Eyes. The Projectionist (that’s me) has a special reel spliced together just for you…

4 Likes

HELLO AGAIN! i’m bumping this thread to remind everybody that tomorrow night, 11/27/2021, is our next show, and that the invitation to come riff with us is still open. drop me a line at zedexthree@driveinsaturday.net or ping me in a DM, and you will find yourself the recipient of a genuine bonafide one-of-a-kind Discord Invite for the DiS server; with all the perks, privileges and assumed personal abuse that’s implied therein. if you can’t make it for tomorrow night’s show but you’d like to drop by some other time, that’s cool too.

remember, we provide an important service! bad movies don’t riff themselves, they need us to do it for them!

Ad Astra Per Movie Signum,

–zx3–

3 Likes

I vaguely remember once testing out Discord at a friend’s request, and never going back. Must’ve been at least two years ago.

If I ever figure out how to get back on, I may want to join you at some point.

1 Like

Discord is not without its issues, and while i haven’t had many problems with it personally, i know a few people for whom it can be bothersome or take up too much runtime. On the other hand, it works pretty well for me, and the fact that i can host the movie stream both there and through my RTMP server with little to no fuss, along with using it as a social communication hub, Discord serves its purposes pretty well. Drop me a line sometime if you want to come hang out!

1 Like