Comic Books

I like Yuletime and comics.

4 Likes

He worked on the First Comics’ Mars series. Good story. Too far ahead of its time to get the attention it deserved.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, I’ve added yet another webcomic to my collection, one Tales from Alderwood. (I happen to know the artist.) Good for anybody that enjoys D&D-esque nonsense.

2 Likes

Amazon offered me a free month of Unlimited… when they shut down the original Comixology site, they pretty much ruined it for me (and others). But after all these years I thought I’d see if they listened to the complaints and fixed desktop viewing, and they have.

Guided view is now full screen (instead of the tiny squares they tried to foist on us)

So heck, I’ll take the free month and see what they offer.

First up, the 007 series from Dynamite. I used to be a regular reader of Dynamites Bond books, enjoyed most of them too. This one comes from writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson, and artist Marco Finnegan.

Good first issue (the entire mini is free, so I can continue on with it like that. Yay)

However, the search function sucks… trying to find the most recent issues of Lazarus, but all I’m getting is older collected editions. How the hell do I find single copies on that damned site?

3 Likes

From the One Bad Day series … The Riddler’s edition…

3 Likes

How 'bout that Marvel Team-Up where The Watcher gets Spiderman to save a petty drug dealer to be reunited with one of Aunt May’s buddies who’s the dealer’s great-uncle or something because Christmas?

They don’t write 'em like that anymore. :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Now reading some sci-fi noir from Scott Snyder and Francis Manapul - so far, so good

4 Likes

Wolverine Origin I and II added nothing interesting to the character.

3 Likes

Well, they’d only have to retcon it in a year or two anyway.

1 Like

I’'ve been reading this lately:

Scored this keen signed Flaming Carrot print from 1987, need a frame.

3 Likes

I strongly suspect that Flaming Carrot would be up my alley, but never got around to checking him out. Is there a collection somewhere out there that can be obtained for a reasonable price?

1 Like

There are trade paperback collections from Dark Horse, but I think they’re out of print, so you might need to hunt for them at a reasonable price. I think there are 5 or 6 collections, titles I can remember are Man of Mystery, The Wild Shall Wild Remain, and Fortune Favors the Bold.

It’s weird. Like, surrealism weird. But if you can identify a horse, it might be for you.

1 Like

The past few days, I’ve been thinking about weird celebrity cameos in comics. Not the fun kind, either, like when Superman wrote a song with Pat Boone or the Avengers showing up on the David Letterman show.

No, I was thinking about when celebrities show up and it’s played absolutely straight, like when the Punisher teamed up with Eminem, or when John Walsh of America’s Most Wanted showed up in the Outsiders.

1 Like

Hey, I was just thinking the other day…what ever happened to Dazzler?

She was super powerful after the first Secret Wars…she absorbed Kang, who was pure sound. Are they going to introduce her for the new Secret Wars movie tie-in? Or are they just going to ignore it?

And what of Phoenix? Did she turn into Ms. Marvel? What the hell happened to her?

I think you mean Klaw, not Kang. Anyway, since Dazzler is a mutant, they may hold off until they fold in more popular X-Men characters.

1 Like

Thanks, dude, did they ever do Power Pack, and what of Cloak and Dagger?

They’ve got quite a stable to choose from to keep giving us the same heroes over and over!

She was briefly in Dark Phoenix, but it was so brief she might was well not have even been in it.

Freeform did a Cloak and Dagger series that was pretty good. I think you can still watch it on Hulu. It tied in with their Runaways series here and there as well.

1 Like

I seem to recall there was a pitch for a Power Pack series, but it’s been stuck in Developmental Hell.

1 Like