Commercial Sign idea!!!!!

So I was wondering, after I saw someone else mention it on here, how our beloved commercial sign would work in the era of the Gizmoplex, when suddenly… I had a brainstorm!!

So, we keep commercial sign, but instead of the usual ads, they show fake ads for previous invention exchanges and ideas from mid-show skits, like Chinderwear, Johnny Long Torso, Moon 14 Mezozoic Barbeque, Super Freakout, Mike’s BBQ sauce, etc… but interspersed in the ads will be things we as the fans can ACTUALLY BUY. I’m talking t-shirts and hoodies, knickknacks, anything that can be branded. Throw in adverts for Rifftrax and Shout Factory too! The Gizmoplex can get a small kickback from anyone who wants to put up an ad to help with operating costs going forward. I am no financial expert, but it seems to me that there’s an awful lot that could be used as potential advertising that could also help to cover operating costs going forward for the Gizmoplex, you know, in addition to our subscriber dollars!

@ivan, feel free to share this idea with everyone back there, just let me get the credit for the idea if it hasn’t already been thought of!!!

50 Likes

Your idea…

It’s BOLD!

10 Likes

Love the fake ads idea!

5 Likes

Don’t wanna spoil anything, but… let’s just say that we’re already pretty far in this direction. :wink:

Great minds think alike, @Brina – and so do ours!

47 Likes

@ivan, I figured you probably would be! But I had to put the idea forward just in case. I was envisioning Kinga’s advertising agency coming up with this and just HAD to share!!!

8 Likes

All I have to say is that if they do bring back commercial sign, I may well end up turning my crank to Frank for the duration.

9 Likes

God bless you for this killer idea… So amazing!

3 Likes

Not to mention ACTUAL commercials for MST live events, rifftrax, and for any other TV/movie/podcast appearances the cast/crew are a part of.

Give me Pooka Lives and The Flop House Podcast commercials!!!

4 Likes

Maybe even one of the commercials being featured fan made? Perhaps we can have an inventions exchange contest and the winner gets an “ad placement” where they can show their fanmade commercial?

3 Likes

There’s another Commercial Sign discussion over here:

5 Likes

Hopefully someone will make and sell actual, “Tragic Moments Figurines”. I was thinking shopping for, “Who’s That with Mom” or “I’ll Get It”

5 Likes

3 Likes

I just want to say, one of my favorite additions to Season 11 was the inclusion of the commercial break bumpers where Max would recap the action or talk about MST3K lore or something along those lines.

So, when @ivan says there’s going to be something in the direction that @Brina was talking about? That’s awesome! :smiley: I cannot wait!

12 Likes

Not to mention those cool Skeleton Crew covers in the background. Hope if they make a comeback, I hope we get new ones, especially a few from the recent seasons!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to buy a Tank-Top.

18 Likes

Invention exchange that just came to me:

Jonah should model the all-new, never before seen…

Tank-ini, which is just a borat bikini with a tank turret on top.

Whaddya think, sirs?

7 Likes

clap lol GIF

1 Like

Or torgos pizza

7 Likes

It’s still warm!

4 Likes

Looks like @ivan is our inside man. Everyone be cool. Speak only in hushed tones and make sure to avert your gaze and look as suspicious as possible when requesting privileged information.

9 Likes