Completely Needless Polls

What? You didn’t have a My First Gramophone growing up?

6 Likes

My father actually had an Edison cylinder phonograph. My brother has it now.

2 Likes

There was one in antique shop in town like 15 years ago that I really had to figgt the urge to buy. It might still be there, but I haven’t been back to it because the proprieter seemed a bit sketchy.

3 Likes

My mother still has this gorgeous Super-8 camera that my father bought back in the day. Even if the quality of movies it shot was kind of lousy by today’s standards, the camera itself is a beautiful thing of chromed steel with leather grips that weighs a ton.

5 Likes

How about–

• I played the above and no injuries ensued
  • I played the above and minor injuries ensued
  • I played the above and life-threatening injuries ensued
  • I played the above only with my enemies – may they rest in peace
  • I never played the above
0 voters
3 Likes

I’m 48. The player we had didn’t use one of those.

2 Likes

I only played once at a friend’s house and we did play it the proper way and not try to kill each other.

On the other hand, there was that time in high school where a friend and I decided to have a “wizard fight” with roman candles as wands…

3 Likes

I also built rubber band launchers for standard sized darts.

1 Like

Or how about “Did you or any of your classmates bring lunch to school in one of these?”

3 Likes

That specific lunchbox, or any metal lunchbox with a breakable thermos? Because I had a couple (don’t recall which ones), but not Disney (never was much of a Disney fan).

1 Like

That sounds like fun. Maybe a project when the weather warms up.

1 Like

That Disney school bus lunch box seemed to stay in production for years and years, maybe a couple of decades. Other themed lunch boxes came and went along with the TV shows they depicted. I had a cousin who had one of these –

and I was so jealous.

3 Likes

This was my lunchbox. I inherited it from my brother. The show had not been on the air for four years before I was born. So I never knew a thing about it until I saw reruns as an adult.

6 Likes

I had a Hot Wheels lunchbox.

3 Likes

Which of the “lesser” Indiana Jones movies is best?

• Temple of Doom
  • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
  • Dial of Destiny
0 voters
1 Like

I really think they should have stayed having gone out on the high note that was The Last Crusade. They literally rode off into the sunset!

4 Likes

I haven’t seen DofD yet, but I really like Temple of Doom. And for all you haters—

Kali Ma
Shakti De…!

:raised_hand:

5 Likes

This was mine for the very longest time!

4 Likes

I checked several because there are some I still do under certain circumstances (like use a floppy disk: well, mainly via USB floppy drive to get the data off while I still can), but the only one I still do regularly and for serious is use a typewriter. I use one at work to type one-off book spine labels or the ones that have to be typed sideways because usually I don’t have a full label sheet’s worth of those. (Can’t re-use the sheet in the laser printer once any of the labels have been peeled off.)

3 Likes

My brother, who hated my guts and destroyed all my belongings whenever he got the chance, hit me in the shoulder with one which penetrated about an inch into the flesh.

I was not taken to the doctor for any kind of treatment.

My family really sucked sometimes.

2 Likes