Completely Random Thoughts ...

I can’t go to Mt Pilot to see a picture show with Thelma Lou with a boil on my ass!

Also, I’m made of liquid metal.

1 Like

I’m just a few years older, but it was my grandfather’s business, so I spent every summer from a tender age until I went to college picking up broken down appliances from places like Goodwill or St. Vincent de Pauls, helping repair them, cleaning them, and putting them back into circulation. Sweating copper condenser tubing on a cross-top fridge that someone tried to defrost with a table knife? No problemo. Scrubbing six archeological epochs of baked-on food out of some oven? Not even a thing. But repairing a scratch that crossed over from the dark exterior paint to the lighter interior paint on one of those two-tone hideous green, gold, or copper appliances? Ach, mein Gott. What a pain!

2 Likes

Got my BA in History with a Minor in Geology 20 years ago…
Still have over $50000 in student loans to this day…

3 Likes

“Eleanor” is both the name of a woman (perhaps more than one!) and the name of a car (only one car, a Mustang).

2 Likes

Does anyone want to climb a mountain? I feel like climbing a mountain.

2 Likes

How random would it be if some monkeys accidentally typed out Shakespeare? Completely? That’s what I thought! You and me are two peas in a pod, I tell you what. Now only if… what? Oh, I was just thinking that, too! It would be fun if they wore little hats and a snazzy jackets. Pretty rock’n’roll if you ask me.

1 Like

Don’t even worry about it!

1 Like

Geology is the history of rocks. The history of rock’n’roll is called “Deology”.

2 Likes

I didn’t just study the Dawn of Man but also the Dawn of Time :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sometimes I think it would be awesome to host a party based on a specific time period. Like, an 80s party where everyone would have to dress up in 80s attire and 80s music playing.

2 Likes

You’re right, that would be awesome

Emperor Titus could open up the Coliseum :wink:

1 Like

Early 80’s or late 80’s? One of them has stripes. The other one has side ponies.

1 Like

A new time frame every month! An early 90s themed party would be fun. Or a 40s/50s pinup type themed party would be awesome.

1 Like

Going to need a lot of objects to perch upon with crossed legs.

2 Likes

Maybe it wouldn’t have to be pin up per se, but I just got done watching white Christmas and some of the women’s fashion from the 50s was pretty nice.

1 Like

And celery. Lots of celery.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=celery+pin-ups&t=brave&iax=images&ia=images

1 Like

Yee doggy I forgot about wind! That era was so gusty.

2 Likes

Oh, man, that’d be great! We’d wear handlebar moustaches and ride around on bicycles with the giant front wheels singing “Clementine”. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Furniture polishers – last of a varnishing breed?

:man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

7 Likes