Completely Random Thoughts ...

Janet Jackson: OH MY LORD

Prince: yay Prince!

(this is not to slag on Prince)

1 Like

Just got off the phone with my parents and we were reminiscing on the old houses we used to live in when I was young…
The first house when I was born on the south side of downtown Buffalo (still there), to the house we survived the great Blizzard of 1977 in the Buffalo suburb of Tonawanda (the house is still there also): Blizzard of 1977 - Wikipedia
which caused us to move south, to the house we moved to in Memphis, TN (latter part of 1977- January, 1980) several months after Elvis died (that house burned down a couple years after we moved to SC but was rebuilt almost exactly as it originally was). I used to skip school there because I was picked on and bullied by not only fellow students but also some teachers there. I used to go into the woods where this rock quarry used to be and looking on Google, the woods are all developed into sub divisions and the old quarry is a pond now. To this day some 47 years later, I could care less if I ever go back to Memphis! :angry:
Still kinda fun reminiscing on the olden days…

1 Like

4 Likes

There’s another building that confuses me.
The bottom floor is pretty simple. A big rectangle hallway. The middle of the rectangle is one big room, a theater, and the outside of the rectangle has doors to smaller rooms and staircases. There are 4 staircases in the building.
The upper floor, despite the theater taking up the center of this floor as well, is somehow not a rectangle. Three out of four of the staircases are located at the ends of different otherwise dead-end hallways.

There is an elevator. On the bottom floor, the elevator is on the opposite side of a rather large room from the nearest staircase. On the upper floor, the staircase and elevator are directly across a hallway from each other, despite the fact that the staircase has a switchback thingy and should come out approximately in the same place it was on the bottom floor, just one staircase-width over.
Also, the walls in this building are textured enough that if I got my climbing shoes out I could probably climb them. (One of my climber friends has confirmed it’s possible.)(I’m not asking how they found out.)

Seems like your campus was designed by either MC Escher or HP Lovecraft.

Hmm, which is worse?

4 Likes

You’re less likely to be eaten by the Escher campus.

4 Likes

BUT you could become trapped in an unending Mœbius path of infinitely looping hopelessness. So who’s to say which is worse?

2 Likes

If only this could be prevented. If, maybe, there was some sort of a durable coating, that you could apply (like with a sprayer, maybe), that would adhere to the truck, and prevent water and other foreign substances from damaging the steel. You could even make the coating in different colors.

3 Likes

It was a lot more chill than Miskatonic U.

2 Likes

YARN | Yeah, but that TruCoat... | Fargo (1996) | Video clips by quotes | fbfaec47 | 紗

2 Likes

I have been informed that even if I were Catholic, I would not be allowed to give up my chemotherapy for Lent.

5 Likes

Even if it’s made of meat?

1 Like

Chemo is not Gamera.

2 Likes

It’s not even really neat?

1 Like

It is defintely not neat.

We do not all love it.

4 Likes

But Catholicism comes with spiritual white-out, they can do whatever they want.

In my experience, anyway.

1 Like

We went to my daughter’s favorite ‘random cheap crap’ store, Five Below. They had:

Churro Kit Kats…

And the world’s largest chocolate coin.

1 Like

okay yes I want this

3 Likes

Seconded, give them to me now.

3 Likes

:drooling_face:

3 Likes