Completely Random Thoughts ...

As a postal folk, if I ever get up that way I’d get to look at ‘behind the scenes’ of that po box :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Probably looks about the same as the backside of any other PO Box.

2 Likes

I guess I should just relax :grin:

2 Likes

No! Road trip to PO Box 5325 Hopkins, MN!

The postal installation would be overjoyed by the interest, and would certainly be welcoming and accomodating.

No charges were filed.

There are like probably three dozen or whatever stories in Hopkins, Minnesota. This has been one of them.

No, it’s not ominous. It’s part of the enchantment of modern living. I find it delightful.

“Jimmy, hey Jimmy… get my picture next to the box!”
“Mr. Postman, would you mind taking a picture of me and my friend next to the box. Take a few if ya can”

Sure, and there are plenty of pointy rock formations in Southern California.

But only one of them is where Kirk fought the Gorn.

1 Like

But that’s different, IMO. One is a site where various movie and teevee things have been filmed. The other is a random PO Boxwhere nothing of real note happened other tha an intern emptying it out every coue of days.

And that’s assuming that the Hopkins PO hasn’t remodeled/renumbered/whatever in the years since the original run of the show ended.

1 Like

Nothing of real note to most people, but I think you underestimate how many fans would enjoy seeing it in person. It connects you to the show in a way that other things would not because it’s a tangible thing, not just on the screen.

Like if I went to New Orleans, just knowing I walked where Louis Armstrong walked would feel like a pilgrimage.

1 Like

It can get out of control for some fans. The house where Mare Of Eastown lived in the show is not too far from me and for probably 8 months after the show got popular the cops had to patrol that street a lot. Some fans of the show would go up to the house and look in the windows, scaring the woman and young daughter that lived there.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t do anything like that, but I think visiting a post office and taking a selfie in front of a P.O. box would be okay.

Also, this is real. I thought it was a joke, but it’s real.

2 Likes

You should definitely go visit the house Louis Armstrong lived in then.

2 Likes

I would love to go. There are so many interesting pieces of New Orleans history that would be great to see and also a lot of good museums.

I couldn’t care less about being around all the drunks on Bourbon Street though. I’ll just avoid it.

1 Like

Oh you gotta at least walk down Bourbon one night if you go – I don’t drink at all, and I love it! (I wouldn’t go on Mardi Gras, Superbowl Sunday etc). But that’s where you go to see stuff like this:

4 Likes

If this had happened exactly one week earlier, we might have been there. That was attached to the convention center where Indy ComicCon was being held. We were in the mall for quite a while.

2 Likes

Eh. Some chooch appararently disabled the sound on this little device I was using.

Couldn’t figure out how to make it function properly, so I set the language to “French” globally. Yeah, good luck, jerks.

I saw these at our local Mart of Wal the other day!

1 Like

The music they’re playing in this waiting room is the sort of 1959s easy listening jazz that you would hear on a Jackie Gleason record. I guess they want to make things comfortable for the over 80s?

Edit: now they’re playing a version of “Call Me Irresponsible.” Maybe not the best choice for a behavioral health clinic?

Edit 2: Now they’re playing “I’ll Never Smile Again!” Is this playlist designed to torture the elderly?

4 Likes

Also, the Mayo Clinic is super crowded today. I guess all the doctors came back from their Easter vacations. Except mine.

3 Likes

Bizarre sign in this little town of New Hampton, IA.

Having a heart attack? Call Rick P.

3 Likes