Completely Random Thoughts ...

I wasn’t expecting an unkempt rose garden behind the Corps of Engineers Visitor Center in The Dalles.

3 Likes

This is gonna be a hell of a hammer throw.

4 Likes

Played a round of Fibbage: Enough About You, wherein your friends try to figure out who you are. Played another round of the same game, and somebody got “The last thing you lied about” as a question.

Naturally the one answer that wasn’t “the player in question” …was the correct option.

1 Like

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine :pig2:

3 Likes

With sufficient thrust, you get Pigs in Space.

3 Likes

Ah liquid helium with your crazy viscosity…
60 liters (16 gallons) pushed through a 1/8 inch diameter 10 foot long insulated tube in less than half an hour. I’ve been doing that a few times a year for 30 years and it still amazing.

2 Likes

A trebuchet could launch a 90kg pig over 300 meters.

2 Likes

:musical_score:
Makin’ out you’re flying
When you’ve just been thrown
— Jesus & Mary Chain

2 Likes

Falling With Style GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

And they shot her into spaaaaaaaaaaace!

5 Likes

It makes absolutely no logical sense, yet we blindly believe them when they tell us that words spelled as wildly differently as jokes, folks and hoax all somehow rhyme.

3 Likes

There is a logic, but it’s rather convoluted.

2 Likes

That’s nothing.

‘Ghoti’ is pronounced ‘fish.’

Gh as in rough, o as in women and ti as in ration.

2 Likes

But with the usual English phonotactics, it’s more like “goatee”. That only works when you bend the rules of English to the point where they break.

4 Likes

Uncovering the Logic of English explains the logical patterns behind 98% of English words in an easy-to-read, straightforward manner. Our free resources and products take on the research presented in this book and convert it into effective practice and methods.

3 Likes

It took me learning German in high school to learn about things like cases (dative, accusative, etc.). I must have been sick the day they covered it in English. :roll_eyes:

Separately, I wish we still used the letter thorn, despite “ye olde” being so quaint.

6 Likes

I DO use thorn. Aside from confusing people, it makes for a MUCH better smiley that a “P”. (Also, it’s was alt-T on the Amiga keyboard, do much easier to type)

3 Likes

As I was getting dressed this morning, I thought how gravity made my dress fall all nice and neat, which prompted the random thought about wearing dresses in zero gravity.

I then went about the house singing:

You can’t wear a skirt in zero gravity,
No, you can’t wear a skirt in zero g.
You can’t wear a skirt or a nightgown or a kilt,
No, you can’t wear a skirt in zero g.

6 Likes

I mean… you can

3 Likes

If you’re brave or prepared enough.

2 Likes