Completely Random Thoughts ...

Aaaaaaaaah, I see.

2 Likes

Soylent Blue is made of out of smurfs!

You know, that used to be true. Unplug the machine and you’re good, right?

But “the cloud” kind of puts the kosh on that.

Right up until you need to play a tape, 'cause those heads are gonna be filthy.

Forceps at birth meets a lifetime of pot smoking.

2 Likes

Terminator 3

2 Likes

It seemed somewhat plausible, given that one comic where Superman fought Muhammad Ali.

3 Likes

Wrong post, I was reacting to the one with the liver-flavored breakfast cereal.

1 Like

Whoops, my bad!

2 Likes

”We are ALL Kosh.”

3 Likes

Nahh, just don’t pay your bill. Immediate shutdown

1 Like

Never saw it. I think I did see one after the second one, yes, pretty sure I did, the one with Bale? But I don’t remember it.

How you gonna not pay the bill when the computer runs the bank? Mandatory auto-pay!

1 Like

(tw: alcohol mention, will delete if necessary)

Well, I drunk posted in the MST3K Festival of Shorts thread and didn’t realize it until I logged in last night and saw that Tim liked said post.

Apparently I went on almost all of the few social medias I still use and told everyone I loved (and was grateful for) them in a very general, non-romantic way. So could’ve been worse, I guess…but WHEW, was I still ever surprised…:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nah, “the cloud” is just “somebody else’s computers.” Find those and the water trick should work just fine.

4 Likes

Mmmm, but when you destroy one set, the failover goes to a different set in a different location. So you have to find ALL the sets. And if they replicate to available hardware as needed, you have to either destroy all the sets at once or you’re playing whack-a-mole.

I mean, Amazon’s business is only partially sales of things like books, and mostly things like creating network systems that never go down. MS, IBM and many others have similar focuses. And if they start talking, you could get to a point where you’d have to destroy every server in the world.

Ironically, the best way to bring down “Skynet” might just be DDOSes. Heh.

2 Likes

Good point! Humans are laughably poor planners and will almost always do what’s cheapest instead of what’s wisest (see: every data breach ever), but even a quasi-intelligent machine will properly prioritize its own existence. So yeah, if thwarting Skynet is the goal, best to hit them all at once. Ideally before the system is smart enough to anticipate it.

Or, you know, find a way to go back in time after that’s happened. Can’t see any downsides to that.

2 Likes

Post necromancy – but wow, those lyrics shot me back 34 years in a heartbeat. Every stanza was very good advice, particularly regarding futons and napping. I never saw Loudon himself in concert, but I did see his son open for Roxy Music’s last tour, which was fun.

1 Like

He’s great live. I saw him at the Largo right before Rufus’ breakout, and Rufus came up on stage and the two did a duet of “Old Paint”.

Literally none are possible.

3 Likes

:dizzy_face:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Pictured: Grandpa

1 Like

I’m considering buying a unit called the Lester-K.

Despite its … unsettling … name.

Go ahead, google it! I dare you! :laughing:

/* ETA: https://global.discourse-cdn.com/business7/uploads/mst3k/original/3X/3/4/3446964e4399728bf20a83b54e9d2238645fe5c0.jpeg

Yes! I want one! For sleeping in! No bedbugs allowed! Room for one small but brave "companion, as well as me! I must have one! */

2 Likes

Urgent: @timryder must stay out of New Jersey!

10 Likes