Completely Random Thoughts ...

Specifically, this pinball machine:

Or maybe this one:

Or it could be on this one, ironically:

This one would be a little on the nose:

As would this, though I like the concept of disco Aladdin and his embroidered tee shirt and bellbottom dungarees:

3 Likes

The Star Wars universe has faster-than-light space travel, laser swords, sentient robots and unparalleled floor-buffing technology, but their waste disposal methods still amount to just piling up mountains of garbage all over the place.

4 Likes

The Death Star is a fully self-contained biodome in space. That garbage is sorted, melted down, and then recycled into Highly Effective :tm: Stormtrooper Armor.

5 Likes

Well, I don’t know about bootblacks at an airport, but I’m mighty peeved I can’t find a shoeshine any more at a few designated places about town.

Yeah, I know in theory how to shine those few shoes I use (rarely) that require the treatment, but, c’mon! I also know how scissors work, but I choose to not cut my own hair unless I’m raging drunk and feel like doing some damage and making a giant mess of my bathroom.

Completely random “thought”: Pat Martino has the tone, the concept, the execution.

Vide:

1 Like

After soaking it in brackish water?

2 Likes

There’s a certain irony in making typos while writing an IFERROR formula in Excel.

4 Likes

I believe you mean “soaking it in a sustainable Dianogu environmental pool”. The Dianogu is a critical component of the sorting process. Primarily by eating whatever organic material falls into the compactor.

2 Likes

Oh, like those beetles Dr. Brennan used to clean off bones.

2 Likes

Date night… Of the Future :thinking:

4 Likes

Does a robot bring out the food?

Second thought is how bad are the ads that inevitably stream from the screen trying to sell you more stuff as you try to enjoy your meal?

1 Like

…I think I’d have questions about my date bringing me out to Sonic.

3 Likes

I didn’t order the bowl of flowers; I ordered the saggy pot noodle.
:thinking:
The more you look at it the more off it looks.

1 Like

They’ve got it at L.A. Union Station. I was there yesterday oddly enough.

4 Likes

I heard “leisurely” used as an adverb in a documentary the other day and it occurred to me that it rarely is in everyday conversation. “Leisurely swim” sounds perfectly normal, “swim leisurely” made me think about it for a second.

5 Likes

Something I just said. Out loud. To another human being.

D.B. Cooper Vs Cocaine Bear. Coming soon to SyFy. Now I’d watch that.”

:neutral_face:

5 Likes

Bad news*, it’s directed by Dave DeCoteau and is just 90 minutes of shirtless dudes.

*or maybe good news. who’m i to judge?

2 Likes

The bear is played by an ex-Chippendale wearing one of these

And, I assume, jean shorts

4 Likes

What would you do?

1 Like

The latter use does sound odd, but “leisurely” in general doesn’t pop up for me that often. For some reason it brings to mind a certain John Waters-esque someone apologizing for “scanty” details.

1 Like

But ‘leisurely swim’ would be a split infinitive, which is grammatically incorrect. However, we seem to like them anyway, i.e. “to boldly go where no one has gone before” or “he suddenly stopped the car.”

2 Likes