Computers, Cell Phones, & Other Electronic Gadgets

And one final upgrade on this soon-to-be secondary video editing computer…
I’m upgrading the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card with a EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 12GB XC GDDR6 Graphics Card.

This will probably be the last upgrade I do to this one.

Almost the last upgrade… I discovered my Asrock B150M Pro4V LGA 1151 Motherboard is compatible with 7th gen i7 processors :open_mouth:
Currently have a 6th gen i7-6700 3.4Ghz processor and will be upgrading it to a 7th gen 7700K 4.2 (4.5 max) Ghz processor. The K-models of each Intel series are some of the best you can buy, even if they are over half a decade old.
Then this should be the final upgrade made to this computer :grin:

Since it’s looking like GPU prices are not going to fall a lot more for the higher end cards, and 3000 series cards could get scarce again when the 4000s come out (maybe in the fall), I took a trip up to Microcenter and picked up a 3070Ti.

Considered a 3080 but those seem to be mostly gone now, the 3080Ti is what is in stock everywhere now and that is too power hungry (and too expensive) for my current setup.

The games I play are only a little more snappy now, but I’ll be ready for the next 2 years or so until I build an entire new system.

While browsing around the store I walked around the case isle, prices on cases are just crazy now. And how nuts is it to put a bunch of fans behind a sheet of glass with just a little gap around the edges for airflow? So many cases that look cool but obviously would not run cool…

1 Like