Copy of Satellite News from spring 1994 vol 6.1

Found an old satellite new from '94 –

15 Likes

10 Likes

Ooh! Thank you very much for taking pictures of these!

6 Likes

THESE WERE THE BEST :smiley:

Thanks for sharing these with us!

I used to have a couple of copies of the Satellite News, but I have no idea where they skedaddled to. They made for some fun reading, though.

4 Likes

Nice find! I wish I’d kept my copies. I ordered the movie and a piece of the Deep 13 set from The Satellite News. I still have my (styrofoam) piece of the set. :grin:

4 Likes

I would so buy The Life Survival Kit!

3 Likes

I wonder if “mature in Council Bluffs” ever got his curfew lifted?

2 Likes

Is there a repository somewhere of all the issues? I have Fall '91 (presumably 3.2; it’s unnumbered), then 4.1 through 6.2, (no 7.1 for some reason, probably due to address change), then 7.2 through 8.2 (which I think might have been the last one, as it’s still a good mailing address).

These became my MST lifeblood because my parents got divorced and when we moved there was no more cable. The last episode I saw was Warrior of the Lost World, and I only found out about Joel leaving through these pages (my response to the news: “oh Mike, yeah, he’s the guy who plays all the visiting characters, I bet he’ll do great”; I didn’t see him until the movie came out).

The last issue I have says that the show will begin airing new episodes on the Sci-Fi Channel in a few months. We had cable by then but Sci-Fi was not included. But it was available at my college at some point so I got to see what… the… heck… has… been… happening?!!

Anyway, back to my original question: are all the issues online? If not, should we start doing that?

4 Likes

Sure are!

There’s an invaluable MST3K resource website, Tom’s Temple of MST3K Stuff, and they have a collection of the newsletters right here.

Lots of other really good stuff there, too, including a fairly bulky history section. Here’s the directory!

6 Likes

I know that we’ve been told that the PO Box is no more (Booooooooooo!!! We want the POBox!!! Boooooooooooooooooo!!!) after reading a few of those archived issues… I wonder if the Station Manager at KTMA address is still being checked. Because… I still have plenty to say? :thinking:

4 Likes

Awesome! Infound a thread where someone posted a few but I didn’t see this one, but figured someone had them archived somewhere. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Oh man, the ConvetitoCon Expo Fest-A-Rama blew my 16 year old mind. Was my first trip essentially parent free (my grandma and aunt went to the mall of America, I think I saw then once the entire weekend)… Spent all my money at the merch store within 20 min of the con opening.

I was too late to get the Forrester Package and missed out on the studio tour.

It still haunts me.

4 Likes