Cornjob Loves Fresh Wheatgrass Soda!

Cornjob obeys his thirst so he can drink Fresh Wheatgrass Soda!

7 Likes

In english ads, it would merely exclaim “DELICIOUS!”. But, in japanese ads, they go with “You know that it’s delicious!”. Or, if you want, “It is quite the known fact that the deliciousness of this item is indisputable.” Depends on which e<->j book you bought. That’s the power of よ.

9 Likes

The little character looks like he was either drawn by Fujio Akatsuka, the “gag manga king”, or someone aping his popular style.

2 Likes

I hear all the cool kids want a Coke.

3 Likes

As a Japanese culture note, “Kon-chan” is an interesting one. Giving someone the “-chan” honorific is something you generally do for younger relatives or close friends. Not a police officer.

Kon Ômura is still around incidentally aged 90.

3 Likes

It’s the Japanese equivalent of that pet name you wish your mom wouldn’t use in front of your friends.

3 Likes

I like it very much.

5 Likes

I’m no expert in such matters, but I took it to mean that he was trying to maintain a non-threatening friendship with the kids. He doesn’t object to the diminutive. He wants to be friendly and approachable first, an imposing adult authority figure only when necessary.

(A stance I think our mods can appreciate. :wink: )

3 Likes

By threatening to shave a kid’s head?

2 Likes

He wasn’t being serious, and I think they knew it. That would be for his parents to decide, anyway. Although it is a punishment for serious misbehavior, I understand. So that you publicly carry the shame of your transgression as a reminder until the hair grows back.

(I remember that coming up a few years ago. Although I think that was a KPop star rather than a Japanese idol. She’d been caught committing the grave sin of being capture dating by an enterprising paparazzo. The record company was very upset because their sales are tied to lonely young boys who need to imagine that they have a chance. So it’s in the contract that the stars of their girl groups aren’t allowed to date anyone. She was forced to give a public apology, “demoted” to a less popular group, and had to shave her head.)

3 Likes

They’ll go to any lengths to hide the fact that they had gotten lice.

3 Likes