Dall-E: Fun with an AI!

Accidental music video screenshot

1 Like

“I didn’t want to bungle or bobble the Fingal dopple.”

I want those programs to also output what images they found on google before piecing them together.

1 Like

They didn’t. There are corpara of catalogued images available online (e.g. Imagenet, or LAON) with millions or billions of images that have been manually annotated and categorised and curated. Scraping web sites can turn up more, but still needs manual intervention for relevance. All that goes into training a neural network that ends up being several gigabytes in size. Generation programs (often written by other people entirely from the trainer) use that network; they don’t see or use the original images (unless you provide one as a prompt) or go online to download more.

1 Like

I want those programs to also output what images they found on corpara before piecing them together.

1 Like

Again, they didn’t. They only see the trained network. Not the original images.

“The most awesome heavy metal album cover never made.”

“The starship Nikolai Tesla built”

1 Like

You guys are getting much cooler images out of this than I am.

1 Like

You’re using craiyon/Dall-E, right? I think the Stable Diffusion model used by dezgo and dreamstudio gives better results.

More contextual detail in the description can help, too (see my “Godzilla playing cricket” vs. “Godzilla playing cricket at Lords” examples above).

1 Like

I think I saw that one in Guardians of the Galaxy.

1 Like

I’m using Dall-E 2. Or I was. Ran out of credits for the month so I’ll have to slum it in Craiyon for a bit.

1 Like

Yeah, this is better…

1 Like

“Photo of Xenomorph wearing a grey suit. The Xenomorph is behind a podium bearing the Presidential Seal. The Xenomorph is addressing the press in the Briefing Room. Associated Press.”

Stable Diffusion

1 Like

A couple of novels by Crow T. Robot:

Suddenly:

EARL HOLLIMAN!!!

The General Contact Unit Coping Mechanism in orbit around Earth. (Not, of course, to be confused with the good ship Arbitrary).

1 Like

I want those programs to also output what images they found on network before piecing them together.

What programs are you talking about now? Images aren’t being “found on the network” or “pieced together” to make the stuff being posted here.

1 Like

“It’s the NBC Mystery Movie!”

Edit:

“Godzilla on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson”

This week on I’s Mayey, everyone in the world suddenly develops crossed eyes. It’s up to Mayey to find out why before it’s too late!

1 Like

“Godzilla plays folk music”

2 Likes

AI: “Everybody keeps giving me Godzilla prompts. I’d better figure out what he looks like.”

1 Like

“Lawyer with the head of Godzilla (Daguerreotype, 1865)”

Stable Diffusion

4 Likes