Dance Scene Mostest

Which experiment’s dance scenes is your favourite?

To prime the pump, I’ll throw in Gamera. Those kids really stuck it to the man. Party til the ceiling drops, gang!

5 Likes

Avalanche (1978). The disco banal garishness of frequent "Aloha"s, “The Premature”, “The Spin I’m In”, and those stinky comped Banana Fosters seen EVERYWHERE.

7 Likes

Just try not getting the song from the shindig featured in The Creeping Terror in your head!

7 Likes

“Da dada dada da da da…”

2 Likes

mst3k606avclub

For me, The Creeping Terror is the gold standard.

You could hurt your throat laughing at Mike’s riff of “His date’s gotta be SO embarrassed” as the tall guy does his Jerry Lewis thing with the wildly flailing limbs.

[gestures to @Ron’s earlier post]

9 Likes

The Catalina Caper (1967) housed a slew of dance scenes. Quantity isn’t exactly quality. The 60s go go go feel definitely puts you there. But for ALL the wrong reasons. Still it’s a blast.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s gotta be Creeping Terror

5 Likes

Creeping Terror is a good one…but speaking of creepy

7 Likes

Another great choice. The Horror of Party Beach is a ferociously underrated episode, and the beach party dancing is appropriately silly.

“Say what you want about her, but at least she’s not doing the Zombie Stomp.”

5 Likes

Girl in Gold Boots (1968) swallows my soul as I disbelieve what I’m seeing. The opening and closing scenes prompt me to want to hop in the shower. Mike’s “Just Like The Beginning” blares in my brain as I watch the tackiness unfold.

5 Likes

Not favorites, but the ones jumping to mind are the “Laugh, Children, Laugh” song from The Giant Gila Monster, and “Yipes Stripes” from Teenage Strangler. Who doesn’t love a good musical number when a friend has been recently murdered?!

4 Likes

Eegah! (1962). The twisting and turning to “Tequilla” at the happening Sock Hop. Arch Hall Jr’s combo could really swing.

5 Likes

The Brain That Wouldn’t Die (1962). Dr. Bill Cortner in his hunt to give Jan a body wanders into a gaudy dance club where he watches and we groan and not in a good way. The woman’s routine is as unattractive as they come.

3 Likes

Scott Scrawny…and the Hard Gainers!

4 Likes

Gotta’ give it up for the costume ball in Samson vs. the Vampire Women.

“I’d like to apologize in advance for our wedding night.”

4 Likes

The dancing numbers from The Incredibly Strange Creatures. Especially Carmelita🥰

7 Likes

Eugene Levy’s first “major” film role!! <3

3 Likes

Wild Wild World of Batwoman. The dance scene has one of my all time favorite lines:

“That’s 40 pounds of butt in 30-pound butt capacity pants!”

7 Likes

Absolutely, hands down my favorite “dance” scenes. “Schick Out of Shape” actually made me laugh until I cried the first time I saw it and it still elicits hearty guffaws from me whenever I see it. It’s an incredible slice of cinema with some fast and funny world class riffing.

4 Likes

The one at the end is fun, too. From Mike singing “The Devil made this movie for you” to Tom screaming “End! END!!!”, there’s a lot to like.

… Darn it, now I’m thinking about Tiger’s hips again!

3 Likes