December's Live Events

So we know December 13th, 14th and 15th will hold Live Event 8,9 and 10 on the Gizmoplex.

December 16th will be the premier of 1313, “The Christmas Dragon”.

My guess is the Live Events will be “Santa Claus conquers The Martians”, “Santa Claus”, and “The Christmas that Almost Wasn’t”.

Do you think we’ll be lucky enough that they will also reveal new, Holiday themed shorts before those episodes?

There’s definitely enough old school Christmas shorts/PSA that call out for riffing!

11 Likes

If those three episodes are the live events that week, that saves me having to put those on myself as part of annual christmas movie viewing.

9 Likes

I believe every live event that’s not an episode is supposed to have a short. So, we’ll definitely be getting three of them before the premiere of 1313. I think there’s a lot of potential for Holiday shorts. That’s not something the old MST3K ever tackled. I think it would be pretty fun.

Also, those three events HAVE to be 321, 521, and 1113. If they were anything else, I’d be shocked.

5 Likes

Mitchell is a Christmas movie!

I’m curious if every event will have a short? Like I assume one of the events will be Rifftrax’s Gizmoplex event, but I doubt that would have a MST3K short with it.

6 Likes

It never occurred to me, but now that you’ve all mentioned it: It would make sense those would be dedicated to the previous Christmas themed experiments and, since I usually also put those on myself around the same time, having the trio formally scheduled (with shorts, a pre-show and a post-show) is really neat.

And, much more fun, since it would be experienced with all of us. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s a Christmas miracle… :wink:

7 Likes

It also makes sense for each of the hosts to have their own short leading into the three host finale

8 Likes

Are you one of those weirdos who insists that Die Hard is a Christmas movie? Because it’s not. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Is a Christmas movie a movie that takes place at Christmas or a movie about Christmas?

4 Likes

I mean Die Hard might not be a movie about Christmas but it absolutely goes out its way to constantly remind you that it takes place at Christmas, even down to having literal Christmas music in the score itself.

6 Likes

Ideally both. Which also means Black Christmas is a Christmas movie.

4 Likes

At this point Die Hard as a Christmas movie is pretty much settled. Arguing otherwise is just being contrarian.

Want a weirdo Christmas opinion? Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman are not Christmas Carols.

6 Likes

Nor is Carol of the Bells.

And yet Santa Dog is.

3 Likes

The Christmas Shoes is a Christmas carol but I really wish it wasn’t.

3 Likes

Also not Sleigh Ride, Baby It’s Cold Outside, Let It Snow and a bunch of others.

4 Likes

Is 2005’s Santa’s Slay a Christmas movie, a horror movie or just too much of a Turkey to even deserve any genre???

3 Likes

What about Silent Night, Deadly Night?

4 Likes

Rare Exports is ostensibly a Christmas movie, even though it has loads of Pagan content. In fact, it’s essentially about the (literal and figurative) repackaging of terrifying Pagan traditions as friendly Christmas ones.

2 Likes

Is Jack Frost a Christmas movie?

Also, is Jack Frost a Christmas movie?

3 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa. That’s darn near political territory and therefore RIGHT OUT.

Just kidding. My favorite movie at Xmas is Stalag 17, so who am I to judge?

3 Likes