Demon Squad 2 is on the way!

Thank you all! We’re still finishing up the script, but are planning on lauching a kickstarter soon-ish. Hoping to raise enough to do this one the way we would have liked to have done the last one. Upgraded everything! And it’s 100% because of the MSTies support and encouragement that we’re attempting this. I hope you know how appreciated you all are.

42 Likes

Oh no! Well, the logical way to fix that would seem to be to go out and break some actual legs. Where’s Vinnie and Knuckles? I’ll be back in a minute.

6 Likes

I’ll definitely throw some money your way if you do a kickstarter!

9 Likes

I’m in! I’ll back Day 1.

12 Likes

One request. Please shoot in that former Pizza Hut again. It had such presence. I’m serious.

13 Likes

The Puppet Bar I really appreciated. I’d love to see that elevated and expanded upon.

10 Likes

Same!

7 Likes

You mean…?

3 Likes

Very welcome, and I hope you know how appreciated YOU and the Demon Squad team are.

And by all means, as soon as the Kickstarter launches, please drop the details here!

16 Likes

I absolutely wil!! Thanks, everyone!!

19 Likes

To be fair, if YOU don’t post it here, one of US will probably find it on Twitter and bring it here anyway, so you are covered no matter what!

10 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah, you guys are quick (and awesome)!

16 Likes

A name in the credits option is an absolute must. The number of MSTies who would donate anyway and back a little more to have their names in your end titles is HUGE!!! Ator HUGE.

8 Likes

Heck yes! Plus when the “A Good Day to Demon Squad” (suggested title) Kickstarter comes out The Algorithm will make it more visible if a lot of us back it right away. Let me know if you want contact info for a guy I know that’s got a side business running Kickstarters for folks!

10 Likes

futurama agree GIF

8 Likes

I’d pay to be an Associate Producer. I’m not alone.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t that be “Break a leg”?
:thinking:

4 Likes

This news makes me happy

6 Likes

That’s stage acting. The “leg” in question is the leg of the curtain, which hides the people standing in the wings of the stage from audience view. Breaking it means the audience can see you, a big step for understudies and other hopefuls.

While some stage superstitions (and there are many) translate over to film acting, I’m not sure that wishing an actor good luck is one of them.

Excellent news! We’ll be ready.

I love that the show can do that. And I’m excited for this project. Sometimes, like with Manos or Birdemic, it doesn’t need a sequel and a higher budget would only ruin the existing charm. Especially if it’s made with an eye to being riffed. That never works.

But Demon Squad isn’t like that. You were already goofing around with puppets. But, more to the point, it was made with love and heart, with a cool asthetic. Urban fantasy noir is a very special niche. If you can get the resources you need, I know it’ll be fantastic.

14 Likes

Yeah, we’d definitely be interested in learning more about that.

9 Likes