Demon Squad 2: The NEW Kickstarter is LIVE! (updated April 21)

I read the update and just feel so bad for everyone involved.

Here’s hoping recovery is possible and all will be well.

9 Likes

Curse you, wonky tech!

6 Likes

Ugh, this sucks! And why my backups have backups. :worried:

6 Likes

Holy c**p! Just as you were doing the backup? Man, what are the odds? No wait, don’t tell me.

Fortunately, from personal experience, data recovery from platter drives (as Mr. Stud stated) is usually very successful.

Agggh, that’s so aggravating. Here’s hoping for a successful (and less stressful) release.

8 Likes

:crossed_fingers: that they can recover the footage.

And my heart goes out, not just for the loss but the expense (♫ if I had a billion dollars and a Bankers salary ♫ Valerie would have to do without a few flowers)

7 Likes

If it’s magnetic, even if the drive is wonky, you can usually retrieve the data. But grrrr.

6 Likes

I’m sorry you’re dealing with these issues. :slightly_frowning_face: I’d be willing to chip in more to help with these additional costs.

11 Likes

Agreed, if there’s a Save Demon Squad 2! Gofundme I’d kick in a few bucks.

12 Likes

Yeah, I would pitch in.

7 Likes

Thanks, everyone. Just waiting for drive delivery and evaluation. Hoping for the best!!!

13 Likes

I’d be happy to kick in a few extra bucks, too.

7 Likes

The drive has been delivered! Now we…

…continue to wait. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

16 Likes

We’ll probably be launching a GoFundMe soon to help cover the $5,444 (if they’re successful) cost.

This continues to suck.

I’ll continue to eat my feelings.

15 Likes

I’m in.

11 Likes

Well, we’ve done it. We’ve launched a GoFundMe to help offset DriveSavers’ crazy fee.

Save Demon Squad 2: A Film Recovery Effort
We likely won’t know anything concrete from DriveSavers until the end of the week (5/24). In an attempt to be proactive and stay optimistic, I’ve launched a GoFundMe to help cover the costs of DriveSavers’ $5,444 fee.

I’m setting our GoFundMe goal at $6,000 to offset the fees that the platform deducts from any funds raised. To give you an idea of how enormous the DriveSavers cost is, their fee would have been about 30% of the film’s total budget. This isn’t something that we can cover on our own, obviously, especially with it being so out-of-the-blue.

Best Case Scenario: DriveSavers recovers our footage and files. We’re able to finish the film without much delay.

Worst Case Scenario: If DriveSavers is unable to recover the data, we will refund the GoFundMe donations.

This is a nightmare scenario and I’m distraught over the whole situation. We hope that you can pitch in and help offset the cost of the data recovery. Even just spreading the word about the campaign is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support and keep your fingers crossed that DriveSavers is able to successfully recover the files!

14 Likes

Hey, we’re already a sixth of the way there!

I have my fingers crossed that everything will be recovered and the film gets back on track.

Go play with your kiddo, and try not to think about this for a while.

7 Likes

You got my $10. Let’s go gang!

6 Likes

Thanks! It’s been stressful. Like, we’re in limbo now. Should we be mourning or planning our June shoot? I’ve been planning but it’s been tough.

9 Likes

I chipped in a few and posted the link on Bluesky. Over 1/3 of the way there now!

8 Likes

I wish I could have given more as this is a project I believe in. But I’m retired now and ‘fixed income’ is not a lot of fun.

But we’re 44% there already so hopefully you won’t have to go into debt to cover this unfortunate accident.

8 Likes