Destroy and rebuild Kelsey's Crow

I guess… My question to you is: why is it so Important to you that Kelsey is “crow”? I’m genuinely curious and hoping you can change my mind

2 Likes

She matches the character just fine, she has that Crow attutude down pat.

Trace, Bill, Hampton and Kelsey, that’s an impressive murder of crows.

13 Likes

This is an interesting question, philosophically. By canon, this is a new Crow physical body in the Simulator of Love. This Crow has a new voice. It has the same personality, or at least the core parts. Does it have all the same memories? How much of him has to change before he is no longer “Crow”? Is he, rather, a Crow?

I’m going to ponder this while continuing to enjoy Kelsey’s performance as Crow. No notes. It’s great.

8 Likes

Exactly!!! It’s a simulator who is to say it’s not another bot controlling a puppet

1 Like

I’ve stated that over and over and over again in the various other threads where this subject has already been addressed. And I’ve stated my opinion here, clearly.

• Crow is part of the SOL crew, period, that’s non-negotiable for me.

• Crow needs to look like Crow, period

• Kelsey, like Trace, Bill and Hampton are talented funny folks. She earned the job, she’s doing it proud, period.

• It’s not my job to change your mind.

23 Likes

So we’re not going to address that Kelsey’s crow isn’t on THE SOL … PERIOD. It’s a simulation So why not growler and m. Waverly

2 Likes

So what, she’s still a Crow. PERIOD!

5 Likes

George Lasenby was a James bond too

1 Like

Yeah and you know what? I hate Mike’s new voice!

4 Likes

Lmfao

For that matter I think Dr Erhardt I went through puberty

And I loved George Lazenby, he stared in one of my top 3 Bond films and brought a lot of emotion to that end scene.

5 Likes

Are we petitioning to destroy Lazenby’s James Bond and rebuild him into a new spy?

I vote we name him Jake Chisel.

9 Likes

Never! You’ll have to pry George Lazenby out of my cold dead hands.

3 Likes

Can we compromise? Sledge Rothrock

See… This is why I love this community. We Can fundamentally disagree but still joke about it

2 Likes

Welp, this has been a delight, but I’ve wasted too much time, I have groceries to buy, laundry to do, The Batman to watch…

Later gators

and please, sign my petition to have George Lazenby hired as Joel’s Crow.

4 Likes

I agree. They should destroy Kelsey’s Crow and rebuild it with the bottom mouth piece on top and the top mouth piece on bottom!

4 Likes

My opinion, FWIW: Kelsey, like everyone else who has voiced TV’s wisecracking Crow, has taken an element from Trace’s original version of the character and added her own spin on it. Bill, for instance, took the occasional acerbic comment and accentuated that element of the character, so we got snarky adolescent Crow. Kelsey has taken the childlike innocence element and added a slightly manic edge, so we’ve got Crow after slightly too many sugar-rich soft drinks.

Of course nobody has to like it (or anybody else’s interpretation of any other character for that matter), but it is playing to personality traits that have always been there to one degree or another. That’s why I disagree with these takes that “it’s just not Crow anymore”. YVMV.

10 Likes

I laugh at pretty much all of her deliveries (“Samulet!” got me), so I think that means I think she should keep doing what she’s doing.

8 Likes